Thread: 21 Grams

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 21 Grams

Saw this movie tonight, and I must say I like it a lot. Sean Penn, Naomi Watts, Benicio Del Toro are all giving very strong performances.

The style of storytelling is unusual, but very interesting. You are thrown back and forth in time as you watch the story unfold.

Sad story, but gripping.

I give it an 8 out of 10.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you liked it. I thought it was pretty thought provoking and liked it as well.

Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Or Jacob's Ladder?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Spotless Mind but I did like Jacobs Ladder.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen it some years ago and now that you posted about this movie I rewatched it yesterday on my way back home from Paris. You now, Benicio is not my favourite kind of actor, to me he fits only few movies, but this one is perfect for him. Also Sean Penn was more than convincing, I really bought his role. The way of telling the story with all the backward and forward jumping reminded me of movies such as Magnolia and Memento. 21 Grams is a one of the few Jewels among todays mass productions. If you wanna see another great movie, go watch the movie "Bella" with Eduardo Verastegui. It's an emotionally very deep movie and one of my all time faves.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I need to see this movie. Sean Penn has become quite convincing in his rolls from this movie onward.

I just watched Fair Game, and wow, what an inconvenient story for some. I'll leave it at that to avoid getting political. Penn and Naomi Watts bring it home with powerful acting.