Yeah...I also have to leave the family at home.

Well, I dunno. It's of course OK to hang out with bandmates after soundcheck...just that there's not much to do. Can't go home meanwhile really, what's there to do? Maybe play some pool somewhere, but that costs money as well. There's nothing to do in town before the night, at least that would not be costly. I'd much rather hang out with the guys at home than freezing my *** off in town, or sit in some bar drooling over drinks I can't have :-) Besides, I've known these guys since we were the size of fire extinguishers and meet a few times a week anyhow, so it's not like we're lacking in hang-out time.

What's to plan about a gig? What show? We just go there and play. I never thought of putting on a show...what does it mean? Like fireworks or something? We just play and that's it. We got the set list written down and we've rehearsed the songs and how to start each and such ages ago.

Pay...well, can't get paying gigs round here. It's just, well, forget it. Maybe if you come from 200 miles away you get some gas money. It's more like if you want any exposure, YOU pay so you can play, LOL!

Every now and then the main local rock club let bands come and play for free, and there's so many bands applying in past two years we haven't managed to push in. It's very hard unless you've got some releases, radio play or a record company backing you up to land any gigs.

Ugh. We have a gig in the centre of the town finally on Friday, and I'm already wound up like a spring about it. Damn I hate having to go and play there! I wish I could only just play with my band members forever and never have to go out in front of an audience, but alas, it's something a band has to do to survive. It's easy to notice if you don't play any gigs ever, it becomes just...nothing. When you know you have to play a gig, everyone plays totally differently and with completely different enthusiasm.