Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
True Bypass - DPDT switch in a TS-10

Thread: True Bypass - DPDT switch in a TS-10

Post Thanks / Like

Default True Bypass - DPDT switch in a TS-10

I have modded my TS-10 to TS-808 spec, and would like to add a "true bypass" switch. I am aware that the case won't fit the switch, but I can work around that, and if worse comes to worse, I'll recase it. What I am not sure of is how to wire the switch. I don't want to add an led indicator, so I believe all I need is a DPDT switch. I have looked at various tutorials, but I am still a little unclear about how it works. There are two wires (green, and orange) going to the stock switch on my TS-10. What are they in terms of the switch wiring?

Any help or input appreciated.
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone

Post Thanks / Like

This is how I would recommend wiring a true-bypass DPDT:

If you wanted to also add an LED indicator and use a 3PDT switch, wire like so:

These excellent diagrams courtesy of my fellow moderator Stephen over at the BYOC forums....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Voodoo, you da man. But one more question, of the green and orange wires that go to the original switch, which is the pcb in, and which is out?
    Guit Boxes: 87 MIJ Strat, Ibanez MIJ RG540, Korean Fender Dreadnaught, The Loar LH-500 (1934 L-5 Reproduction)

Amp: Marshall TSL100 amp head with JCM900 1960 Lead 4 X 12 angled cab

Effects: Crybaby, TS10 Tube Screamer, Badder Bad Monkey, Boss Metal Zone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by navvid View Post
    But one more question, of the green and orange wires that go to the original switch, which is the pcb in, and which is out?
    Don't know--you'll have to look at the PCB component labeling and the traces. The input should quickly connect to the low number components--C1, R1, etc. The output should connect to the high numbers; on the TS-10 schematic I have, the last components before the output are resistors R21 and R22. You probably replaced these two as part of the TS808 conversion....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!