Thread: How many have ever seen Arlo Guthrie in concert?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many have ever seen Arlo Guthrie in concert?

My wife and I are going to see ARLO GUTHRIE in a sold out concert this Sunday night. I know many on here won't even know who he is and never heard his songs or story telling. Just wonder who has seen him?

Post Thanks / Like

I worked with him and his son on Valentines Day in 1994. It was just the two of them doing a bunch of Arlo's hits and 2 of his son's original tunes. Nice intimate evening and some cool stories. Have a good time at the show...and hollar "Freebird" for me, okay.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I would Spud but I think someone in the crowd would hit me with a purse.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Arlo with Pete Seeger at the Greek in LA in '85. Lot's of story telling, with both of them taking turns taking the lead, while the other simply played. It was a very cool show. At the time, for me to go was my statement against all things "Flock of Seagulls/Animotion" Capezio's and skinny ties. Seeger is an institution unto himself, and I would say it was a little more about him than Arlo at that time. I was VERY much in the minority as a 19yr old at that show.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

It was a great concert with a full band and backup vocals in a great small venue that seated the 750 sold out crowd. Arlo was excellent and did some Leadbelly stuff, Woodie's songs and his own great songs plus the story telling had people rolling. He signed our 45 for Pat of her "City of New Orleans" and let me take a picture of her & him together. Great to see him, next on our list is JOHN PRINE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music View Post
    It was a great concert with a full band and backup vocals in a great small venue that seated the 750 sold out crowd. Arlo was excellent and did some Leadbelly stuff, Woodie's songs and his own great songs plus the story telling had people rolling. He signed our 45 for Pat of her "City of New Orleans" and let me take a picture of her & him together. Great to see him, next on our list is JOHN PRINE.
    I saw Arlo Guthrie a few years ago in a small theater here where I live. Arlo didn't have to travel far as he lives in Roseland Florida which is only about 1-hour + north of here. He put on a good concert with the afore mentioned stories.

John Prine...now that's a name you don't hear often. Another great ballad singer/songwriter.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad saw Arlo a few years ago at a place called "Alice's Restaurant" in a little community south of Austin, TX. He said it was cool, and I would have loved to have seen the show. He still has a poster from the show hanging up in his home.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Guys , I guilty of not sticking to just genre of music and skip around a lot to what I play or listen too, Arlo Guthrie and John Prine just happen to be two artist that I can get enjoyment from and catch a few ideas in their song writing and playing. Arlo played 5 different guitars and the keyboard in his concert, his style is just so free lance and I think people too often forget to expand their ear into other genre for one reason or another they miss out on songs that could be converted into a different genre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music View Post
    Guys , I guilty of not sticking to just genre of music and skip around a lot to what I play or listen too, Arlo Guthrie and John Prine just happen to be two artist that I can get enjoyment from and catch a few ideas in their song writing and playing.
    I think that's the way to go.

I think people too often forget to expand their ear into other genre for one reason or another they miss out on songs that could be converted into a different genre.
    Remember that Hendrix's first album included Dylan's "All along the Watchtower" - dramatically different take on what was already an Iconic FOLK song.

And Prine is amazing, and in excellent form these days. He came through town a couple months back. You'll really enjoy that.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him back in the eighties and it was really good show. Now I think he does a show with other members of the Gutherie family and from I've seen on TV looks like a great show. I dig Arlo

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got to go, street!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CB, Arlo has one of his sons that does backup vocals and keyboard, the Burn sisters were backup vocals too and his other 3 band members did a excellent job. I hope you right Tio as I have never seen John Prine in concert before. The wife and I were just talking today about other artist that we would like to see that we haven't already seen but there aren't that many left on the list, a few I would like to see again and the rest are dead or retired.