Thread: New Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Strat

Hi, I have recently picked up a second hand USA Standard Strat 98' model off Ebay to replace my MIM Strat and I am loving it. The pickups have been replaced with Kinman Woodstock+ bridge & Traditionals Neck & Middle, Callaham American Standard Premium upgrade kit & Graphtech nut. What a sweet guitar I did not think there would be such a big difference in playability & tone between the two guitars, as I am not a legendary player I was not sure if I would notice but it is like night & day. All in all a good birthday present to myself, just have to sell the MIM now.
    Cheers. http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...r12/Strat1.jpg
    http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1300016373
    Last edited by The Fender Bender; March 13th, 2011 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Add photo

Post Thanks / Like

You know what they say?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I had an AmStd Lone Star and sold it because it paled in comparison to my Jimmie Vaughan. I guess it all comes down to what you are looking for in a strat. I'm happy you're digging your new guitar. Enjoy it.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I would Spudman if I could upload a photo to this thread, its got me stuffed just says please enter the url of my photo, fr???ing weird man, I just want to upload a photo not a website, perhaps you or someone else could enlighten me on how that works, guess I am just a dumb Oztralian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi stingx, Thanks for your reply mate, You are dead right my friend but I am a bit limited in choices as I am a lefty in Oz and that means almost double the price even if you can find anything decent, unless you go to the custom shop & a twelve week wait, plus my wallet aint that fat. ( I wish it was I would fly to the good old USA and drool at all the goodies) Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Congrats on your guitar! Photos are uploaded to a thread best by first putting them on a site such as photobucket.com, then linking them via the little "insert image" link above.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Try this thread that covers photo upload/attachments:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...you-embed-pics

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers sunvalleylaw & Tig, I finally got it figured out via photobucket, seems a long winded way to upload a photo though.

Post Thanks / Like

Clips are in order
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete