Thread: My new Vintage Icon V52 distressed

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new Vintage Icon V52 distressed

Hey!
    I got a new vid with my new Vintage that I bought last week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TnftgMhMNY

Link to Vintage guitars
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to
    Eric Clapton - Jonny Lang - Eric Johnson - Paul Gilbert
    Albert King - BB King - David Gilmour - Joe Bonamassa

and all other guitarheroes out there!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Vintage guitars are not too big over here in the US and Canada. I found 1 dealer that sold them locally and it takes forever to order a specific guitar. I found a Vintage Icon Gold Top there and purchased it. It is a P90 guitar and is excellent quality with Wilkinson hardware and pickups. As with many of the far east guitars it needed a fret level. That cost 100, but the guitar is now one of the nicest playing guitars I own. Good weight to it and a really nice neck. The P90s are a little noisey but you can dial that out in the middle position on the toggle. Over all a pretty nice guitar. If you have a selection I would check them over for uneven frets. I play with a really low action, and I had to have my Epi G400 levelled as well.
    Their aged/relic guitars are really well done for a decent price. Overall they are great guitars for the money.
    Check out their ICON series. Really cool.
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageiconguitars.html
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
    Vintage guitars are not too big over here in the US and Canada. I found 1 dealer that sold them locally and it takes forever to order a specific guitar. I found a Vintage Icon Gold Top there and purchased it. It is a P90 guitar and is excellent quality with Wilkinson hardware and pickups. As with many of the far east guitars it needed a fret level. That cost 100, but the guitar is now one of the nicest playing guitars I own. Good weight to it and a really nice neck. The P90s are a little noisey but you can dial that out in the middle position on the toggle. Over all a pretty nice guitar. If you have a selection I would check them over for uneven frets. I play with a really low action, and I had to have my Epi G400 levelled as well.
    Their aged/relic guitars are really well done for a decent price. Overall they are great guitars for the money.
    Check out their ICON series. Really cool.
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageiconguitars.html
    Hi!
    I´m gonna get myself the Les Paul Paradise (Slash signature) in a couple of weeks,
    when I gey my paycheck...

Awesome built guitars I think. I have my strings set pretty low,
    more then a regular set Telecaster.

Cheers
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steffe1973 View Post
    Hi!
    I´m gonna get myself the Les Paul Paradise (Slash signature) in a couple of weeks,
    when I gey my paycheck...

Awesome built guitars I think. I have my strings set pretty low,
    more then a regular set Telecaster.

Cheers
    I hadn't seen that one yet. It looks like a killer axe. They seem to do a really good job with their "signature" guitars.
    I haven't been to that dealer lately, to see what they have in stock. I was looking to pick up one of the "Lemon Drop" guitars but they wanted almost as much as a used Gibson Studio so I passed. My GT was 419 Can.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that. The neck pickup sounds awesome and it also has a 22 fret neck. Does it have a tummy bevel on the back of the body? That is my list of requirements for the perfect Tele.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Steffe, Nice playing, nice sounds too! Good Job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I like that. The neck pickup sounds awesome and it also has a 22 fret neck. Does it have a tummy bevel on the back of the body? That is my list of requirements for the perfect Tele.
    "tummy bevel"???
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
    Steffe, Nice playing, nice sounds too! Good Job!
    thanx Lachy
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steffe1973 View Post
    "tummy bevel"???
    Like a Strat in the back. The beveled cutaway where your body touches the guitar. Teles and LPs are are straight in the back.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet looking and sounding axe, and nice tasteful playing, too!
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah