Thread: Routine working of the truss rod nut to break corrosion..?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Routine working of the truss rod nut to break corrosion..?

Is it advisable to work the truss rod nut a couple of times a year, to avoid it getting stuck or frozen by corrosion, or other metal-to-metal problems?

I am thinking one-eight to one quarter turn in one direction, and another, back to original setting?

Any other preventive steps to avoid possible truss rod adjustment problems on account of frozen metal parts?

Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would...never met a guitar that didn't need a little adjustment at leazt yearly, tbough....unless you're happy with a little higher action in the summer etc...plus I tend to try different strings etc. too now and then, so basically I end up using the truss adjust on at least some of my gujtars once a month or so. Just last week I swapped sets on my V and adjusted the rod.

If I didn't do that, I'd do what you suggest now and then...maybe not yearly even but sometimes.

Never saw any rust on my guitars ever, though.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.