Quote Originally Posted by ihate100bees View Post
To Their shop highly recommends the Lindy Fralin "PAF". Of coarse there are tons of pickups out there and so I'm sure he's just suggesting something that he knows that sounds authentic and holds up for most players. I really did not want to spend $300 on a set of these, so maybe I'll keep an eye open for a used pair on Ebay....But, they did say that Fralin will over wind the pickups for you, to your specs, if you want that. Of coarse that means going for a brand new ($$) pair. I'm going to call Fralin, and have a brief conversation with him about what I'm looking for, what others here have installed, etc... and see what he says.
You can also do that exact same thing with Ken at Rose Pickups and Dave at D. Allen, and be into the PUP for about half the cost of a Fralin. I'm not surprised that when you talked to a boutique guitar tech, he recommended boutique PUPs. It's your money.

Allow me to say that I too, am dreading the PUP swap in a hollow/semi-hollow guitar, which is the main reason I haven't tackled my Ibanez (which has a scratchy pot and switch that de-oxit has not rectified).