Thread: Have you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you?

Have you?

Have you cleaned the coils and operating parts of your refrigerator in a while? You might want to check it out and see how much fuzz is covering everything. Your fridge will thank you for it.

This has been a community public service announcement.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

VERY TRUE SPUD! I have done that several times and sure will reduce the time your fridge runs plus extend the life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Have you?

Have you cleaned the coils and operating parts of your refrigerator in a while? You might want to check it out and see how much fuzz is covering everything. Your fridge will thank you for it.

This has been a community public service announcement.
    And we know this because...................???

Seriously, good advice. Same goes for the AC units for your house, both window type or central air............ clean them well, it does matter.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, yes. I just did this a few days ago. Refirgerator does seem to be running more efficiently.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!

Cheapo Sears fridge would not keep ice cream frozen. It does now. I think the technology should be better by now.

Related, other PSA:
    When shopping for an appliance, make sure the Energy Star info is not an ESTIMATE. I failed to notice that with above fridge.
    Expressing my disappointment with the the Energy Star folks only got them to put blame on the EPA. {*&kers.
    And the Energy Star ratings are a moving target, i.e., the consumption "brackets" get tightened every six months or so. Comparing appliances is not easy!
    Last edited by poodlesrule; March 30th, 2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: punctuation!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I just bought a new one instead...

All kidding aside, it is a good idea to clean the coils once in awhile. A/C units too, especially in hot climates like here.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.