Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
NA(h)D! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NA(h)D!

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the clip!

Having the volumes down on both pups will roll off some highs. I agree with oldguy. My Jet City 1x12 sounds WAY different sitting to the side of it than standing in front of it. It's WAY brighter in front of it. I also agree with Duffy (man, I'm in an agreeable mood today!). My JCA20H really likes to be played with the master at 4 or higher. I usually practice at about 2 because 4 is very loud in my little office. Sounds glorious though.

Regardless, the main thing is that you like it. Isn't that the whole point? I know I love mine.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I pronounce this clip 100% suck free, with the Katastrophe seal of approval!

The amph does sound a little dark, but not too dark... I like the tone!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! I'm not the only one who made a good amp deal in the last day or two! Nice....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the nice feedback, guys.

One note -- when I said this:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    This ends up sounding pretty much like everything else I do, so maybe it's not the amph. Hmm...
    It wasn't meant as a negative. I'm just coming to the realization that I probably always set up amps in a similar manner -- the whole I-always-sound-like-me thing. I like the tones I usually get, so it's not a bad thing. Just an observation.

I'll see if I can't do some sort of backing track with it to see how it sounds that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Eric, I had been looking at the Jet City amps, and had I not gotten my Windsor Studio, I would have gotten the combo like yours. I like reverb! The head version does not have it, and I don't have a reverb pedal (a few delay pedals). At any rate, congrats on the aquisiton, killer price at about 1/2 retail.

Scott
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12