Thread: Funky Lick with Upward Sweep

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funky Lick with Upward Sweep

Another free lesson with yet a different camera angle. Let me know how you like this camera angle compared to the Camera Angle Lick Inquiry video I posted earlier.

Oh, and yeah, how's that funky blues lick?

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Robert. 'Wish you lived close by so we could jam ~ : )
    That camera angle is cool but only because you are good with your verbal descriptions of what's going on. By itself I think some of the other angles are helpful.
    I envision a second camera in your future. You'll have PIP stuff going on, a small box with one view and a different full screen view ~
    By the way, you get up too early ~.~

Post Thanks / Like

The idea is a good one, but I think that the camera needs to come forward further so you are looking more at the fretboard front-on instead of on-edge as it is here - it's hard to see which finger/string you are on. More as if you were hanging your head over or tilting the lower guitar body out to see your own fingers and the fretboard. Love the lick, very cool!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I can't make the camera go further with my current gear. I would have to buy some kind of boom. I think I'll just stick with the usual front view instead.

This is a pretty cool little lick. Perhaps I should redo it with a front view?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice lesson and lick! I am not in love with the camera angle though. Too confusing to me to watch for me. I need the front view. thanks for the cool lesson though!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I can't make the camera go further with my current gear. I would have to buy some kind of boom. I think I'll just stick with the usual front view instead.

This is a pretty cool little lick. Perhaps I should redo it with a front view?
    Yeah, sure - the front view would help, and it is a nice lick!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp