Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NBD: Ibanez Prestige SR1000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBD: Ibanez Prestige SR1000

Post Thanks / Like

Default NBD: Ibanez Prestige SR1000

Snagged this guy tonight for $400:

USA Bartolini pickups in it, whatever that means; I think it's significant to bass players.

Yay! I have a bass again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congratulations in a big way. The case alone goes for over $100. Major score for you. Sweet!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that was an incredible buy! Nice find, Eric!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!!

Freakin' amazing deal!

How does it play? Sound?

Happy New Bass Day to you!!!!

A particular thing about that bridge; its designed to isolate string vibrations so that you don't get string-to-string sympathetic vibrations typical of a one-piece bridge. A cool feature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    How does it play? Sound?
    Plays really well -- the neck feels really smooth compared to a lot of basses I've played. I haven't gone way up to use the neck-through much, but it's nice to have.

Also sounds really good. When I was fiddling with it at the guy's house, I was most surprised by how it was 100% silent. He said they were single-coils pups, but not even a hint of noise. I'm not sure if it'll be that quiet when I eventually get my bass amp back, but the pickups seem nice.

The most striking thing, however, was how the EQ responds. It's a 3-band active EQ with sweepable mids, and combined with the pickup pan knob (twist to blend pups), it seemed like I could get pretty much whatever sound I wanted. I don't know bass tonez that well, but it certainly seemed to offer a wide range of sounds.

As an added bonus, my wife loves it. She's a big fan of natural finishes, and I've taught her to play a tiny bit of bass in the past. She basically said it's what her bass would look like if she were to specify one. She was actually kind of excited when I took it out of the case.

In describing this, I feel like I don't have much credibility, given my severe lack of bass experience, but from what I can tell it's a very nice bass. I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

In describing this, I feel like I don't have much credibility, given my severe lack of bass experience, but from what I can tell it's a very nice bass. I'm glad I pulled the trigger.
    Very nice indeed! Those are considered one of the best basses around. If you had more knowledge of basses, you'd realize that you may have gotten the deal of the century. Sort of like paying $400 for a Gibson Les Paul Standard...

BTW - The pup's are humbuckers. Considered soapbar style, it's essentially a humbucking P-bass pu inside of a bigger housing. Not at all surprising that it's silent.

That's one very fine instrument and should give many years of sweet bass playing.
    The pre is most likely a USA Bart system as well. Keep a spare 9-volt in the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    The pre is most likely a USA Bart system as well. Keep a spare 9-volt in the case.
    I thought I read somewhere that for this model (the exact model is SR1000EWNNTF) it doesn't have the Bartolini EQ. I think this might be some sort of custom-made Sam Ash model or something, from what Google has told me, partially because I can't find anywhere else that has sold it.

So it might be worth a little less than what you say, but whatever. Either way it was a very good deal. I'm glad I bumbled into it and you convinced me to buy it!

Here's the link: http://www.samash.com/p/Ibanez_SR100...0Top_-49962709

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Bartolini pickups on my Ibanez SR-500 the EQ will let you get all the tone sounds you are looking for out of that sucker.
    Neck-through makes it even better. Great deal for $400.00. That is one Bass that could last you a life time.

ONE HECK OF A MAJOR SCORE.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh snap!

I forgot to say, "That bass is beeuutifulll!!"

The walnut is stunning.

That one's pretty close to Maxi's dream bass. I think he wants the 5-string Prestige. I'm sure he'd be a ready buyer if it doesn't work out for you.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass amp

What are you going to do for a bass amp.

You mentioned getting your bass amp back. Did you have one that you might be able to get back?

There are a lot of great deals out there on great bass amps used and new.

One hint is to get a bass amp that is three times the watts of the guitar players amp, in order to have the power to compete. Of course this is a general rule.

I have two bigger amps, a Fender Rumble 100 and an older Peavey TNT 115 that is quite awesome; but I use a little new Marshall MB30 ten inch practice bass amp for all my home playing and it handles the low B on a five string without any problem what so ever.

That looks like a really nice bass. Definitely more than enough to have lots of fun with.

Good luck on getting the amp back.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

It's an Acoustic B20 that is on loan to my drummer friend. I'm going to see about getting it back from him. It's not the world's greatest bass amp, but it seems to be OK. If I decide to get a "real" bass amp, I'll bear in mind that 3x rule. Thanks for the tip.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

That acoustic B20 sounds like a great practice and small show amp, something like my neat little marshall. I hope you get it back soon so you can enjoy that new bass. Have you ever tried flat wound bass strings - they are more mellow and smooth on the fingers. I even put some on a P90 guitar to mellow it out, as well as on my hollow body electric, 10's.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

That's not just a bass, it's a great bass. The Ibanez Prestige line is top notch.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a B20. Not very loud but it sounds great. I don't need loud right now.

I'm afraid to tell you that from looking more at the picture, the bass is clearly defective. I'll need you to ship it to me for a closer examination.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I've got a B20. Not very loud but it sounds great. I don't need loud right now.

I'm afraid to tell you that from looking more at the picture, the bass is clearly defective. I'll need you to ship it to me for a closer examination.
    Whoa! Hold on there, this one needs to be examined by a bass expert.

Someone with nearly 30 years of 4-string experience under their belt.

Somebody who has played hundreds, if not thousands, of basses of all stripes.

A person who eats, breathes, and sleeps bass.

Eric, I'll PM my shipping address...

Post Thanks / Like

Eric, do me a favor, will ya?

Call the guy you bought that bass from and ask if he filed a police report. BECAUSE I THINK YOU STOLE IT!

Great deal on a fantastic bass, man... I'm happy for you!

Just a warning, though... Having a bass around the house can cause your skinny string guitars to feel neglected. Enjoy!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warning!

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily, I'm already married to an amazing woman, so the chick attraction isn't too big of a concern to me. Seriously though, I appreciate the comments from all of you. I need to dig in a little bit more on this bass, but it's definitely a nice item. I'm out of town right now, but will give it some more time once I arrive back home.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice bass you scored, Eric. Enjoy it.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast