Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Oh no, Superswede made another backing track...

Thread: Oh no, Superswede made another backing track...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh no, Superswede made another backing track...

Hello! I made a little backing track and I recorded something on it that I would love to get some feedback on (the melody, the playing is kinda rough.. lol)... AND I left a couple of minutes so if anyone wants to chime in and play along I would be really glad!

Gear is strat (middle pickup only) > HT Drive > GB (verb and delay added).

http://www.box.net/shared/jfjbg5s97r
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Will be checking it later, but I already guess it's another epic BT by you :-)
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

SS - that sounds great. Awesome guitar tone. How did you get it?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for listening, It´s a collab track after all so please feel welcome to chime in!
    Strat middle pickups is extra welcome

Spud, the guitar chain looks (!) like this...

The guitar is set to middle pickup position..

Add guitar cable here!

And another cable here!

And add some verb and delay courtesy of Guitar Rig... bon appetite!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, you did a real GRANDIOSO here. Can one really add something to your overwhelming take? I highly doubt it SS!
    I recorded something starting from 1:12 on, I hope you like it.

http://www.box.net/shared/83oeoenp2m
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I love your melody! What gear did you use, nice tone But what happened to the audio quality? 128Kb?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede View Post
    Wow, I love your melody! What gear did you use, nice tone But what happened to the audio quality? 128Kb?
    128kb? Darn it....I didn't see that. Have beamed that up and corrected the link above. :-)
    Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear you are okay with my take.
    For the sound I used as usual Line6 Gearbox software plus this time my Roger Mayer Fuzz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice tone and playing, both of you! Plenty of finger skin-thickening slides by Jimi, which I'm a fan of.
    Maybe some day I'll have a recording solution to add to these collaborations...
    (Fender Mustang might be a cheap and decent path)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    128kb? Darn it....I didn't see that. Have beamed that up and corrected the link above. :-)
    Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear you are okay with my take.
    For the sound I used as usual Line6 Gearbox software plus this time my Roger Mayer Fuzz.
    Was that your JV?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah exactly, I used my Jimmie Vaughan Strat. Bridge position, tone half way down on 5, Fuzz full throttle. That's the sound I usually pick for Eric Johnsons kinda stuff. Sometimes I also use the Fuzz that's included in Gearbox. It almost sounds the same as the Roger Mayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great!
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Great BT Swede, and a totally tasteful approach to it. Couldn't think of anything to come close. But in the interest of keeping a collab going, did a little something which pales compared to what you and Jimi did first and second. Still, it was fun. ES339 through Line 6 POD 500, Vox A15 amp setting, blue bell speakers.
    http://www.box.net/shared/inpyh0l7jh
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Helliot, that sounds great (both guitar sound and your tasty playing) !! The Pod 500 sure sounds good

Anyone else wanna jump in?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice backing Swede..great playing guys.. enjoyed listening!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Helliot, brilliant take with some nice double stops - you should play more of them :-)
    Also I like the sound. Very warm and woody nice melodies that go with the BT.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Justa!! Where have you been hiding?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet! Great track and great playing everyone. Huge thanks to the superdude for posting this!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede View Post
    Hey Justa!! Where have you been hiding?
    Hey Buddy! I always pop in when these come up.. the best part of thefret.net... enjoy listening and grab'n them.

Unfortunate as it may be..
    this has been the first one for 2011..sigh.. sure wish you guys would do more of them!!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is still room in the track for another fretter Justa