Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Downhill bike race in Chile is insanity at its finest

Thread: Downhill bike race in Chile is insanity at its finest

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Downhill bike race in Chile is insanity at its finest

Go to full screen and enjoy the rush!
    http://www.gadling.com/2011/03/03/do...at-its-finest/
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

whoooooooollllyyyyyy crap.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

That's very cool!

Those gap jumps scare the bejeezuz out of me. The rest of the course might be pretty fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda cool, but not that gnarly. I've done courses that were more intense and rugged. However, I've never had a dog on the course or had to worry about clipping a wall with my handlebar and usually have a section of uphill somewhere. This was 100% urban downhill. I'll bet the times were all really close.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of those jump were INSANE!!! I'm too old to live *that* dangerously. But, that must be one helluva rush.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've managed some fairly serious descents in races and playing in the Rockies, but we're talking XC bikes with just 100mm travel fork and either hard tail or just a little suspension in the back, not full kamikaze DH rigs. I'd shatter like glass smacking one of those streets!

Post Thanks / Like

I like that in the first few frames you can see that the rider is rocking a blue pinstriped suit, now that's racing in style.
    The liver is bad, it must be punished.

snoglobe

--------------------------
    2007 Gibson BJA LP Junior
    2007 Gibson SG Standard
    2006 Fender Classic Players Series 60's Stratocaster
    2005 Fender Highway 1 Telecaster
    Danelectro U2 RI
    Aria More or Less Paul (80's LP clone with Gibson pups and guts)
    MIJ Squier Stratocaster (early 80's with 2005 Am Stnd pups and guts)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I saw that, too. I've seen racers dressed in all kinds of wild costumes, from tu-tu's to Shrek.
    At our local trail's time trial several years ago, a teammate had on a Mexican wrestler costume including the cape and mask. He also set the course record!

(If you think these people are wierd, they can't come close to the cyclocross racers, which photos are not always fit to show here)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snoglobe View Post
    I like that in the first few frames you can see that the rider is rocking a blue pinstriped suit, now that's racing in style.
    I re-watched it after I saw this, and I agree -- pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

urban single track wow
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin