Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Another NGD for lil ol me!

Thread: Another NGD for lil ol me!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Another NGD for lil ol me!

I just got back from the (not quite local) Guitar Center in Pueblo... Traded in my MIK Squier Strat and a few bucks (yeah, a few! LOL) for a brand-new-to-me Gibson Les Paul Studio (2008) in faded (worn) cherry! I have dreamed of owning an authentic Les Paul, and now I do... Sooo happy! I picked it up for $550 before the trade-in (the Strat). It has only one problem, the tip is broken off the switch (including the threaded portion), so it will have to be replaced, which is an easy, quick fix for me. I am also going to replace the ceramic disc caps with Orange Drops. Anyone know the best way to clean (deep-clean) these guitars? Nitro laquer finish on these, right?

Anyway, since so many of you out there don't believe things that are said without pictures, I will post some as soon as I get them on my photo bucket page... today.

Cheers all!

**EDIT**

Last edited by DeanEVO_Dude; April 9th, 2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Add pics...
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy NGD! I've always liked the all mahagony Studio fades.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! that's a solid guitar - and there's really nothing like a true Gibson. congrats!
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

It was a little unusual do the little bit of adjustment to it... I'm so used to import guitars, I had to dig out my ratcheting driver and sockets to do the truss rod adjustment, and a flat-head screw driver to do the pickup height... These are new tools (in the vicinity of guitars, anyway) for guitar adjustment! LOL!
    Anyway, thanks guys, I am really enjoying the guitar. I've eye-balled the worn brown ones, I really like that color, but the cherry on this one isn't so bright (afterall, it is only a tint in the nitro-laquer, right...). I think the prevous owner strung it up with 11's, they are kina beating up my fingers (could also be 'cause I can't put it down, LOL!).

Cheers!
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Great looking guitar, man. I dig the faded studios.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. Congratulations.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking LP! Congrats.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy congrats
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Nice score. I'm partial to the faded finish as well, although I don't have anything like it personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Schweet!

I love playing those. The neck finish is an absolute delight and the pickups kill.

Yeah, that one's probably about my favorite Gibson. It has the tone, action, and feel all nailed.

My Epi LP comes just close enough to one of those that I can't justify the cost right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy brother!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel