Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jam Sessions - Backing Track Solo #1

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, justaguy and guitar chris: both awesome tracks. Both pretty mellow and sound great. Guitar Chris, was this done on the Vox? if so im definately going to have to get one

regards

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys... Nelskie as far as the Cyber-Champ.. Im still on the honey moon.. Im in awe of this amp.. I'll never play as good as it sounds.. Had a player come over and think he is now getting one also.. and he is a pedal/tube guy.. It's better for me to listen to someone play this then me actually playing... I may have missed the boat as far as the VOX goes but I found the Ship IMHO... I'm still thinking of getting that new DA5 Vox though.. why?haven't a clue... I guess it's getting into the blood..heh.. I know I have a winner here in the Cyber-Champ plus a couple of great guitars... its up to me now to practice practice practice...and just enjoy it!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Wow, justaguy and guitar chris: both awesome tracks. Both pretty mellow and sound great. Guitar Chris, was this done on the Vox? if so im definately going to have to get one
    To be honest, no this track was played with the Digitech GNX1, but the Vox even sounds better

When recording this track i was just playing around a bit. And suddenly there were two "first take" tracks. I put them together - ready. There was no cutting or so, so you hear all the mistakes i made, but i think, that mistakes are well done

I will record something on the vox this weekend. In the moment i am testing with recording via line out and recording via microphone. Let's see what the next session will bring.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

So here's my backingtrack with the "Vox-Solo"

Attachment 59

There are three different settings i tried:

1. Tweed-Model, Telecaster, neck-pickup, no EQ, reverb from Vox
    2. AC30TB Modell, Telecaster, full volume, but very low gain, reverb from Vox, a little delay from recording software
    3. UK80s Model, Dean Vendetta, Bridge pickup, Reverb from Vox, Delay from Recording Software.

All recorded via line-out into a Behringer UB802 mixer, then into an audiophile 2496 recording card.

I wanted to test recording via microphone, but my 3 children were to loud .

In my opinion the UK80s is problematic via linout. If you connect the lineout to the vox, speakers are turned off, so you only hear it from my monitor boxes ore headphones. And i don't like set sound over this way.

I think, for overdriven sounds, less is more, and miking will be better.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats another good example of the VOX for me to hear... gave the backing a nice feeling.. thanks chris...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Justaguy & Guitar Chris, Great recordings guys. Two more different approaches to the same backing track.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    First Backing Track.. Simple.. 2 minutes.. Cm-Fm-Gm-Cm.mp3
    I just wanted to thank you for posting this. I've been enjoying noodling over it. I'm no SRV or anything, but you can actually tell that I'm trying to play something bluesy. My fingertips hurt now--but in a good way. As soon as I can figure out this recording business I'll post something.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar-Chris
    In my opinion the UK80s is problematic via linout. If you connect the lineout to the vox, speakers are turned off, so you only hear it from my monitor boxes ore headphones. And i don't like set sound over this way.

I think, for overdriven sounds, less is more, and miking will be better.
    When going through the line out, beside bypassing the speaker it also bypasses the tube power amp. All you are hearing is the solid state preamp.

Can I just add that this is, in fact, my 100th post?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123