Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jam Sessions - Backing Track Solo #1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jam Sessions - Backing Track Solo #1

I've seen this on a few other forums and it is interesting to see what people come up with on the same Backing tracks...I asked in Suggestions if it would be an Idea for these Forums.. Robert seems to like the idea.. So here is the first backing track to solo over with more to come... Everyone with recording equipment (A mic/line-in and a sound card qualifies you) from beginner to pro is welcomed to download this track and upload whatever you come up with. It's kinda strange how everyone will have something different ... this is not a contest... it's an improv... no time limit.. just enjoy it... This Jam session does not close.. Upload your track tonite or a year from tonite...

First Backing Track.. Simple.. 2 minutes.. Cm-Fm-Gm-Cm.mp3

oops..Upload error.. hmmm.. lol already exceeded my limit... Ok fixed that.. Just deleted an older clip I had on here someplace...
    (Umm you might hit a limited size error in upload, in which case talk with Robert Renman)
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; August 20th, 2007 at 10:32 AM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you recorded something over this backing track?
    Would be nice to hear
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Me personally..not yet.. but..you go for it swede... thats the idea...

Post Thanks / Like

Well I might just do that when I get some time...
    Upload your recordings as well.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I want to support your idea so here it comes

It was really a strange backing track JustaGuy, but rather cool (even if I am not into that style of music at all

I actually recorded two solo tracks (one with my strange AC.sim) I hope that is not considered cheating , ho ho.
    Sounds really crappy, but what the hell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I actually recorded two solo tracks (one with my strange AC.sim) I hope that is not considered cheating , ho ho.
    Very nice tone, very smooth an well played.

Can you give us some Information about the equippement you played?
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

My Squier Tele > Apple Garageband with Guitar Rig 2 (Native Instruments).

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Swede... Yeah, I know it was kinda strange.. if thats not your style... but it moves ya.. .. and I am sure there will be more to come in a variety of styles.. Nice sounds out of that squier and guitar rig 2! ... thanks for joining in.. Im in the middle of re-doing a computer so will be a bit for me..hopefully more (Robert...tone.. tim. Chris... Nel... etc etc) will be adding some soon..

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah come on guys and post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah come on guys and post
    At first, we have to record something, then we will be able to post.

But you set the level high perhaps I find the time in the next days...
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Well its no competition and as JustaGuy said : Post today or a year from today
    It is really fun to hear other people play, especially since it was a long time since I had the time to play with a band.

Post Thanks / Like

hey guys. ive recorded something, but my pc wont let me upload it- its spends ages uploading and then comes up with a DNS error page. any ideas on what to do? i could e-mail it to someone and see if they can. im just looking for feedback on a cheesy solo :P

regards

Matt
    Last edited by Matt; January 3rd, 2006 at 12:21 PM.
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what is causing your dns problem, but you can always try to turn off the firewall, that usually helps.
    Try a different browser as well, especially if you are on MSIE which can behave quite strange sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

no such luck. so i'll either have to e-mail it to someone, or try another browser as you suggested.

cheers for the help

Matt
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like

Super Swede – That was awesome. If only I could play that good. But then if I stay tuned to this forum, I believe I will some day. I love that sound you produced. It is a nice clean and clear tone. Basically something I could get very addictive to.

Ok guys, I have a special request that my benefit others who are new to the site. When recording on top of backing tracks can there also be include the steps followed to make the recordings? Sort of a narrative on the recording and how it was done.

For example: As a newbie I would like to know the scale(s) played. Were there two recordings made to achieve the sound? Type of guitar and amp used. What effects were used in the recording? What software was used? How did it get into the computer?

Basically anything a new person would need to know to learn the process to recording at home.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim...
    I will try to describe more next time I post a clip.

Post Thanks / Like

Swede,

My wife loves the song. She could listen to that style of music all day long. When are you going to debut the song/album?
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

haha, well that is NOT going to happen

Anyhow, Justaguyin_nc recorded the background, and I just laid down some leads to support his idea ( I really like the idea of several people recording on the same backing track, and hear how other players interpret the song).

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm talking money. You can quit your day job. I'll be your manager.

Just joking. If figure if I watch this thread long enough, I too “may” be joining in on the fun. That’s why I was asking for all the details on how it all done.

For those who are also following along, I have the 2004 version of Band-In-A-Box. I was told that backing tracks can be created from this software. Trouble is … you need to have a Masters in English to understand the manual.
    Guitars:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast