Thread: Pod 500 and a tele = some fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pod 500 and a tele = some fun

Messin around with the new line 6 hd 500, trying to invent tones that work for various guitars. Found this one, and noodled it with an old BT I had around. Sorry for the clammish playing, kinda got into it. It's a one-taker. See what you think.

http://www.box.net/shared/307h7595u1
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great Helliot, what amph model are you using?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Swede. Tweed with a 4X10 Tweed speaker set.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool man, no pedal models added? The HD500 is very awsum.

Nice playing.

Cool backing track too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. Can you post that backing track for us? It's pretty cool.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys.
    Robert: Yep, I quite like the hd500 now. At first I wasn't that fond of it, found the models to be not much better than my previous digital darling, the Vox Tonelab. But once I did more reading and really started goofing with the amp settings, seeing how they integrate with effects and each other, I started to really see the potential the thing has. I'd love to try it live someday, but it's very particular amp to amp, and room to room, so it's a home and recording thing for now. The only effects in that string are Studio EQ (Lo FQ) and set for 500 Hz., and some Room Reverb, set for 26% in the overall channel mix. The rest of the sound is amp controls, with a tad more reverb added in the mastermix.
    Spud, be happy to post the BT here soon, but up to my posterior in long-toothed reptiles (election, gigs etc) so it will take a few days. Promise by week's end.
    Thanks for listening.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

that's a killer solo and very cool BT....real nice work on that...shuffles real nice...thanks for posting
    For guitars I use a 1983 Fender stratocaster with 1968 pickups and electronics, 2007 Gibson Les Paul '58 VOS, 2007 Bill Nash relic strat, 1984 San Dimas Charvel strat, Gibson ES 775 archtop, 70's Gibson Les Paul Custom, Taylor BZ 714, 2006 Gibson ES 335 and a Takamine TC132SC Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Guitar.
    For amps I use Fender Vibro King, 2 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555's, Marshall 1959 Handwired Superlead Plexi 100W, 1970's Marshall JMP Mk II 50 watt with 2 Old Marshall 1970 4x12 Slant Cabs with 25 watt Celestion greenbacks, Peavey 5150, 66 and 65 Fender Blackfaced Super Reverb amps, Fender Deluxe Reverb, 70 and 71 Fender Princeton Reverb, Peavey Special 130, Pedals: Pedaltrain Pro, Voo Labs Power plus 2, Xotic BB preamp, Xotic RC Booster, TS9 Tube Screamer, Dallas Arbiter Fuzzface, Maxon OD9, Electro Harmonix Memoryman, Arion SC-1 chorus, Carl Martin compressor, Lexicon PCM 80, Chandler Digital Echo, for recording: Apple Dual 2.7 Ghz G5, Apple MacBook Pro 2.33 Ghz 17", Logic Pro 7 (all mixing and effects are done in Logic), Logic Express, Presonus Firepod, Motu Micro Lite, Mackie HR 824 monitors.

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for listening, Frank.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Helliott. Makes writing my bills out a lot less painful by listening to this and tapping my foot. Nice solos and phrasing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mr. Pie. I'll have to try that next time the bills are due -- which is just about all the time, it seems.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

*KA-CHUNK* I stamp this thread with the Katastrophe Seal of Approval, and deem it safe for those with seafood allergies, as it is 100% clam free.

Sounds great, and you have now added to Baja Tele GAS for me!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
    *KA-CHUNK* I stamp this thread with the Katastrophe Seal of Approval, and deem it safe for those with seafood allergies, as it is 100% clam free.

Sounds great, and you have now added to Baja Tele GAS for me!
    +1

Dont´t forget to post that backing track !
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the stamp of approval Mr. Kat, although I fear some clams may have survived. Swede, I haven't forgotten, but have been delinquent. Just had a federal election here and in my business (media) it's a recipe for 18 hr days, so just haven't been able to muster it. But I will, soon.
    helliott in Hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

helliott,

Nice solo! I love the tone you're getting and the feel of the solo is great! Sounds like a real amp, cranked up.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jpfeifer. I am impressed by the sounds you can get from the hd 500.

And the BT is now posted.
    helliott in Hamilton