Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My electric guitar family! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My electric guitar family!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Spudman, there's a term for people with compulsions like that! As I'm far too much of a gentleman to actually spell it out, let's just say that it rhymes with "Gear Chore"....

Impressive collection Spudman! :
    Just slowly over time.

I agree that it's pretty bizarre when a guy has to get on the roof of his house to take guitar pictures.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Spudman, there's a term for people with compulsions like that! As I'm far too much of a gentleman to actually spell it out, let's just say that it rhymes with "Gear Chore".... :
    Actually this would be a gear chore.....think of all the time setting the up, keeping them clean AND just basic maint. on these guitars. Thats why I have three, and the buck stops there. Trust me I would LOVE to have more. I hope to oneday have a collections that is like the spuds here...........soon, but thats if I get off my butt and stop doing this and start playing out more like this
    Guitars: Epiphone Special 2 LP modded with a SD Pearly Gates and a SD Alnico 2 flat strat pro.300K pots.Tone pros Brass Stop tailpiece.Dunlop frets dressed to .031,LSR roller nut, Spezel custom stainless steel locking tuners. Satin finished neck.Fender MIM 50's strat modded with LSR roller nut, graph tech string tree,sperzel satin chrome locking tuners, graph tech saddles,300K push pull volume for "neck on pup" and 200K tone pots.PUPS:Neck seymore duncan QP single coil for strat. Middle: Seymour Duncan JB Jr with coil tap (so actually a 9 way tone selection). Bridge: Same as neck.Amps/Cabs.2 Epi Valve Jr's, Peavey Delta Blues 1x15. Randall RG200es,Guitar research 4x8 cab loaded W/celestion super 8's and rewired for two-2x8 operation.Marshall 4x12 slant lead cab,Johnson cab 1x12.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Just slowly over time.

I agree that it's pretty bizarre when a guy has to get on the roof of his house to take guitar pictures.
    Bizarre, but in a good way! :

Thanks for making my "collection" seem reasonable!

PS to Kerc-- Jose, your original pic uploaded to CJ doesn't show any more

Post Thanks / Like

Krash how many of them gitfiddles do you regularly play? How many do you pick up once in a while? Are there any dogs that you justnever play?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Bizarre, but in a good way! :

Thanks for making my "collection" seem reasonable!

Yes. My only intention was to make it easy for everyone to justify their own versions of self expression.

Post Thanks / Like

A picture is worth a thousand yada, yada, yadas.

I still think that that Tele on the second row from the top, second from the right with the blue sparkle finish & maple board is a real looker.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spud, that white one on the bottom left looks like it's made for people with fat thighs... :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Hey Spud, that white one on the bottom left looks like it's made for people with fat thighs... :
    "Big Legged Woman" used to play it. lol

Post Thanks / Like

A picture is worth a thousand yada, yada, yadas.
    Don't know how I missed that.. Spud, holy crap man !
    Serious question.. how do you store them all ? hang, case ? How many frgn. rooms does that take up ?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

He keeps them spread out on his lawn. Never has to mow it. :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

: obviously !

Post Thanks / Like

Hard cases for many of them, soft cases for the rest. Those I store in the Guest wing of Spud Estates.

Otherwise, an acoustic hangs near the couch, in the bedroom and studio/office. The other solid bodies are on hangers around the house. 7 more hang in the studio, 6 more on stands. 4 on the wall in the living room, 2 on stands, another 2 in soft cases near by. And no, there aren't any in the bathrooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My family but it its gonna be split up soon...

'05 Gibson '58 RI LP Std - Tobacco
    '06 Gibson ES-335 Block Inlay-Antique Red
    '07 Fender American Standard Stratocaster-Sunburst
    '07 Reverend ClubKing 290 - Black
    '07 Genz Benz Black Pearl 30-2x12
    '06 Fender DRRI
    '05 Seagull Artist Portrait AE
    '01 Marshall DSL401 Amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is a nice looking family. Nice looking colors. I was just noticing a tele with that color/pg combo in a catalog last night.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

As of June, 2007:

Missing: Reverend Buckshot, SX STL-50 Tele (both bought after this pic), Hamer Slammer DA3 strat (I keep it just because it was my very first electric).

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kerc
    As of June, 2007:

Missing: Reverend Buckshot, SX STL-50 Tele (both bought after this pic), Hamer Slammer DA3 strat (I keep it just because it was my very first electric).
    That club King looks quite sizable, next to your Warhawk.

I like the tobacco burst waaAAaaay better than the gold or black Reverend is offering now.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

The CK is pretty big--the compact, sleek Warhawk feels very tiny after playing the CK for a while...

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my guitar niche in my office. Normally, my Fender doesn't sit there. It's on a wall hanger on the wall opposite my amp. In the bigger version, you can make out my green TO800, EX-7, and Vox footswitch on the floor.

Here's the full-sized version.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast