Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ugly Headstocks (just say No!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Headstocks (just say No!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ugly Headstocks (just say No!)

Sometimes you see an otherwise decent guitar and bam! the headstock shows up.
    (butterface)

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Ewwwww those first 2 are butt ugly but I bet he has enough mass=sustain for days!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha! Tyler was the first thing that came to mind before I even opened the thread.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tyler headstock is so ugly that it's actually interesting (I think the printing makes it interesting). Does anyone remember the Fullerton ST4 blowout craze on here a few years ago? Those headstocks were very phallic. See below:
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Tyler headstock. But there's one headstock I always disliked so much, but since a couple of months I start liking it...it's the Epiphone headstock.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I've never liked these:

It ruins some otherwise decent looking guitars.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    I've never liked these:
    It ruins some otherwise decent looking guitars.
    My thoughts exactly.

Post Thanks / Like

I always assumed the idiotic looking headstocks was just a reason to sell a custom case.

Post Thanks / Like

I never liked the headstock for Indie guitars... No offense to anyone that has one on here, but just not my thing:

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/indie_...e_natural.html
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

The old sx strats looked great but the new tasteless furian ones are a deal breaker for a lot of otherwise potential buyers.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree on Dean headstocks. It has actually steered me away from them.

I think some Xaviere headstocks (like the one I had) look pretty dumb too:

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I find the most attractive headstock to be the Telecaster's. Very unobtrusive and just the right size for functionality.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I actually kind of like the James Tyler headstock. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one, but it doesn't offend me. I hear a lot of people complain about the Heritage headstock (I own several). I never understood this. It doesn't exactly stand out. My only thought was that people are just used to seeing a Gibson "open book" headstock. Maybe that's the problem with the Tyler too.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    I find the most attractive headstock to be the Telecaster's. Very unobtrusive and just the right size for functionality.
    I was just thinking about the best headstocks, and I agree that the tele is one of my favorites. I also like that hockey-stick angled headstock a lot -- is that Jackson or Kramer or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For the price range of a Tyler, I'd go with Suhr.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Suhr's headstock. It's just another play on the Kramer chicken beak design which I prefer way more than the hockey stick ones.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    For the price range of a Tyler, I'd go with Suhr.
    Suhr makes great guitars. Unfortunately, if you've looked at a Tyler price list recently, they aren't in the same price range. Everything I hear says that the Suhrs are far more consistent guitar than the Tyler. There's something about some of the finishes on the Tyler. I really shouldn't like them. This somehow draws me to it.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

I find the 70s Fender Strat the best looking hs out there.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I was just thinking about the best headstocks, and I agree that the tele is one of my favorites. I also like that hockey-stick angled headstock a lot -- is that Jackson or Kramer or something?
    First off, I totally agree on the Xaviere headstock. That and the inlay on their LP copies have been enough for me to turn to the Agiles every time as the alternate choice.

The "original" hockey stick headstock would probably be the Explorer, although the Kramers did have that style as well. If there was something before the Explorer, I am not familiar with it.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast