Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Show us your amp(h)s! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show us your amp(h)s!

Post Thanks / Like

My new mini bass rig. Just got the Berg yesterday. It's a real mutt setup of Genz Benz, Hartke, and Bergantino.

And the guitar amph:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NWBasser View Post
    My new mini bass rig. Just got the Berg yesterday. It's a real mutt setup of Genz Benz, Hartke, and Bergantino.
    Did you just get sick of waiting for the other Hartke? What's the story on that?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Did you just get sick of waiting for the other Hartke? What's the story on that?
    Yeah, after a month of waiting I gave up. BassNW had this used Berg cabinet in for a similar price to the Hartke. Bergs are usually well out of my pice range, being boutique and all. The guy at BassNW didn't want to make the exchange for a used cab and insisted that they could only apply my credit to a new cab. I said "fine, I want my money back then since Hartke can't deliver the product in a timely manner." He called the owner and said that they'd make an exception this one time.

Seems like bull$*#) to me.

At any rate, I really like the new cab and it seems to pair well with the Hartke.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, after a month of waiting I gave up. BassNW had this used Berg cabinet in for a similar price to the Hartke. Bergs are usually well out of my pice range, being boutique and all. The guy at BassNW didn't want to make the exchange for a used cab and insisted that they could only apply my credit to a new cab. I said "fine, I want my money back then since Hartke can't deliver the product in a timely manner." He called the owner and said that they'd make an exception this one time.

Seems like bull$*#) to me.

At any rate, I really like the new cab and it seems to pair well with the Hartke.
    Sounds like a crock to me, too. Glad they "made an exception", and that you like the new one.
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Gahh!!

Stoopid me, I blew out the Berg at practice last night. I should know better than to use a single 112 cabinet with a full band. Last song of the evening and I get that nasty broken gnarl tone of a blown driver.

Time for a recone.

Playing bass guitar has its own set of equipment challenges...

This is hardly the first driver I've shredded. You'd think I might learn something eventually.

Going forward, I'll stick to using both 112s and may spring for a bigger cab like the new Avatar 3-way. Lots of glowing reports on those and it would probably be a much better solution for outdoor gigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Gahh!!

Stoopid me, I blew out the Berg at practice last night. I should know better than to use a single 112 cabinet with a full band. Last song of the evening and I get that nasty broken gnarl tone of a blown driver.

Time for a recone.

Playing bass guitar has its own set of equipment challenges...

This is hardly the first driver I've shredded. You'd think I might learn something eventually.

Going forward, I'll stick to using both 112s and may spring for a bigger cab like the new Avatar 3-way. Lots of glowing reports on those and it would probably be a much better solution for outdoor gigs.
    THAT SUCKS hope you regroup shortly!!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

My Mesa Boogie Mark V.

Post Thanks / Like

Gahh!!

That sucks! I don't understand how you could have blown it, was the single cabinet an insufficient load?

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my silverface Fender Champ:

silverface Musicmaster Bass:

Traynor Reverb Master (circa mid 1970s)

little Traynor bass practice amp - BLOC40 I think

and my newest acquisition, a Vox VT30 Valvetronix

I'm going to be moving soon and am looking forward to having more room for my gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice little collection there, P&G! BCDon, that set is sweet looking! I would be afraid I would ding em up!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That Boogie is beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    My Mesa Boogie Mark V.

droll droll drool envy all over my face great rig.
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! The boogie is way more amph than my skills are at present, but one day... The best part is that it sounds awesome at very low volumes but man do I long for the day that I can move it past 12 o'clock without getting the neighbors up in arms (have I mentioned how much I hate living in an apartment recently?).

Post Thanks / Like

Don, that is the most incredible looking amph I've ever seen.

And I bet it sounds even better!

Post Thanks / Like

My Blackstar Ht-20 Studio and my new PRS Standard 22. Tasty tones...
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    My Blackstar Ht-20 Studio and my new PRS Standard 22. Tasty tones...
    Very nice, Matt!
    How do you like your Blackstar?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Very nice, Matt!
    How do you like your Blackstar?
    I like it very much. I think I am over the honeymoon period with it now and can judge it a tad more truthfully. At low volumes, it sounds great with the PRS. The drive channel really responds well to the humbuckers and the tonal scope available on the ISF is quite large. It cleans up really nicely too. The clean channel is quite a clear deep sounding clean, but it sounds a bit 'dry'. I can't think of anyway else to describe it. Its not a bad sound- also, because it doesn't break up until obscenely high volumes, its great for taking drive pedals.

With my Strat however, it really needs to be cranked to appreciate it. The added compression and warmth from the power tubes makes both channels sounds great. At low volumes, the drive is quite shrill with the Strat although the clean still sounds really good. I've been considering a speaker upgrade for a bit more bass response.

I've come to realise that a 20 Watt valve amp really shouldn't be considered a bedroom amp and it is more suited for jams and small gigs. Oh well, just means I need another amp
    Guitars: Squier '51, Fender Classic Player's 60s Strat, Epiphone Dot, Ibanez SA260FM (Bareknuckle Nailbomb/Trilogy Suite p'ups)

Pedals: Fender Pt100, Tech21 Double Drive, BYOC Mighty Mouse, EHX Stereo Pulsar, Boss DD-20

Amp: Blackstar HT-20 Studio, Fender Blues Jr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Strats always sound shrill :-) you just have to stick to guitars with real pickups and not those strat thingys...;-)
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I've actually got a few, but some are at a friend's house.

Only got the BH at home right now

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast