Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Personal note. Dad is Sick. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Personal note. Dad is Sick.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. I have a friend who has been battling cancer for 8 years and it has been an up and down battle. I will pray for your dad.
    www.myspace.com/reubenadkins

"Your label could be here"...........Danny Gatton

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear, Steve. Prayers to you and your family in this difficult time. The photos are wonderful, a priceless memory.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just woke up. It is still a little hard to get ahold of on this second morning since he passed. Almost like it should have been a dream one wakes up from. All I know right now is I miss him. But that is not true. I also know how fortunate I am to have had a Dad like mine. The outpouring of love and remembrance from friends and family is truly a testament to him. Doesn't make me miss him less though. Thank you for the continued support!

Oh, and one other thing. Those pictures make me so glad that I decided to start trying to play with Dad, even if I was not very good by comparison (he was really good, the real thing). It was very special to be able to share that with him, on top of everything else.

If any of you have the chance now to share something or connect in any way with your Dad or Mom, or any one else you love, I humbly suggest that you do it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve, my deepest sympathies during this time of loss.

I know it's not easy. May your memories be your comfort.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to read of your dad's passing, Steve. My sincerest condolences to you & your family.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

My condolences Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    My heart goes out to you and you family in these trying times. One of the hardest things to do is watch someone you love die from a horible disease, like cancer. My wife pass on October 13, 2010 of that dreaded disease. It is sad to not have her here anymore, and I go thru bouts of missing her deeply, but it was somewhat of a relief when it happend because she was in soooo much pain at the end, and it was not quick. She was diagnosed 5 years ago.

Again, my heart goes out to you and yours.

Sincerely, Scott
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks DeanEVO.

Well, I am back from my Dad's funeral, and on Friday, graveside services at Tahoma National Cemetary with Naval military honors. Our annual family visit, and a high school reunion, coincided with the timing of those events. It has seemed somewhat surreal at times. There were plenty of remembrances of Dad. We took Mom to that family camp we have always gone to after the funeral, which was good, but hard too. Lots of memories of Dad. The camp was always full of his music, and many are carrying it on in his memory and due partially to his inspiration. I did have the chance to play guitar a fair amount, and even some good jamming opportunities at camp. I was amazed at how kind everyone was. Now, after driving back after the graveside services, it is sinking in that I can't just call him up on the phone week after next.

I have lots of work piled up (being self employed does not include family leave), and am slowly getting back into the swing of things. It is beautiful summer weather here, and we have some fun things on the horizon, plus as I said, lots of work to do. The lawn is amazingly long right now. Thanks all of you for your support.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. It sounds like you had a great goodbye. I hope everything goes great for you from now on.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Continued prayers of peace and comfort, Steve.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the update to this. I'm so sorry to learn of your father's passing. You have my deepest sympathy.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about how it feels to not be able to just pick up a phone and speak with him Steve. My dad died in 1992 and I miss him every day. Especially now reading this, it reminds me how much.
    I bet returning home and feeling the back up of work, seeing how long the grass has grown, and other things, have a different sense of urgency about them now. Small potatoes in the big picture ~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234