Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guitar Geek Pictures!

Thread: Guitar Geek Pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar Geek Pictures!

We had a webcast yesterday in my studio with Deke Dickerson and he brought a bunch of cool off-beat and historic instruments with him...here's a few pictures:

Tom is our "online host" for these events and he brought his R.C. Allen Bigsby copy from the 70's

Deke's load in:

The Dano doubleneck is on the floor where Deke THREW IT.

Robbie Kriegers Hallmark Sweptwing and the only known Myrtle wood Bigsby guitar:

Duane Eddys double neck Howard guitar. One of only two of Duanes instruments to survive the Nashville flood

The Green Goblin - nobody knows anything about this guitar other than its really green and has an awesome case:

Post Thanks / Like

Magnatone amp

Apparently Magnatone made these amps for a musician named Eddie Bush...he wanted his own line of amps.

The Excelsior amp was not used during the webcast but Deke gave me a tour of it afterwards. It was an Accordion amp maade be Sano for about a year, and the neat thing about it is that the reverb only comes out a pair of speakers in the sides for a sort of stereo thing. More info here: http://www.our-mission-possible.com/...0of%20Amps.htm

Family picture (although Deke's signature Hallmark guitar and the Dano double neck are not in it)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Those are some very unique looking guitars. Did you play any of them? Which ones did you like?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Great pictures! I'd have been like a kid in a candy store. Damn, that looked like time well spent.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Way cool, Mark. Thanks for sharing!
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Cool. Those are some very unique looking guitars. Did you play any of them? Which ones did you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Wow! Great pictures! I'd have been like a kid in a candy store. Damn, that looked like time well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Way cool, Mark. Thanks for sharing!

It was a great time. My personal favorite sonically was Robbie Kriegers Gold Hallmark Sweptwing...

If you want to hear the guitars and stories check out the archived video here: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/for...0th-2-30pm-PST

Post Thanks / Like

Bosstastic. He's my kinda player/collector, just with a much bigger budget, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brian krashpad View Post
    bosstastic. He's my kinda player/collector, just with a much bigger budget, haha.

:aok:

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

So sweet. I love unusual guitars and amphs!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.