Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tone Shaping with the Right Hand.

Thread: Tone Shaping with the Right Hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Tone Shaping with the Right Hand.

Just a short one...This week's Podcast is kind of a short one on how to get more tone and textural differences out of your instrument with only your picking hand...let me know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, I could really hear the differences for the surf music and the over the neck examples

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Rider View Post
    Very nice, I could really hear the differences for the surf music and the over the neck examples
    Thanks! I was afraid that the differences wouldn't be that obvious with the streaming audio quality...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good lesson, Mark. The examples were clear in the audio end, so nothing to worry about.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Good lesson, Mark. The examples were clear in the audio end, so nothing to worry about.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

cool!

And thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Strange - this is the second time this week that I've posted something that hasn't turned up... so I'll try again

but first - Happy Birthday!!!! and thanks for the gift of your lessons...

What I had tried to say earlier was that this is a great example of how much tone is in the hands as opposed to the idea that it's all in the gear.
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Good video, Mark. Another good video would be one showing that Stones bit....
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Strange - this is the second time this week that I've posted something that hasn't turned up... so I'll try again

but first - Happy Birthday!!!! and thanks for the gift of your lessons...

What I had tried to say earlier was that this is a great example of how much tone is in the hands as opposed to the idea that it's all in the gear.
    Thanks! A big mission both in my teaching and my own playing is to get more involved with generating a sound with the hands...

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins View Post
    Good video, Mark. Another good video would be one showing that Stones bit....
    Thanks!

I can't really do "song lessons" on my channel but I might be able to swing something on the DL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL!!! I keep looking for the "Like" button on my guitar sites, and would certainly hit it here. Good stuff!! And happy birthday!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    LOL!!! I keep looking for the "Like" button on my guitar sites, and would certainly hit it here. Good stuff!! And happy birthday!
    Thanks!

Actually I have the Facebook "Like" button enabled on my forum. It's at the top of the thread next to the thread title. No one uses it but me though

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have and did over there.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson