Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Interesting new Gibby Flying V...

Thread: Interesting new Gibby Flying V...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting new Gibby Flying V...

Classy! Interesting way to handle 7 strings on the headstock.

I think they put the battery compartment for the active pups in a clever place, too.

Even the $1400 price, while WAY out of my reach, is understandable for an American made instrument.

Good job, Gibby... Good job.

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com...2000001000.sku
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Saw these the other day - 7-strings isn't really my bag but it is a sweet lookin' guitar for sure.
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Whoa, that IS purty! I'd just rather want nickel hardware...tho the gold isn' bad on black. Maybe I could live with that, if I got the guitar for free or something :-)

Also, for some reason I always thought those V-shaped string-thru plates looked dodgy...much prefer a stopbar for looks. But it could be painted black too...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Dee, I agree about the "V" shaped stoptail. That's the only quibble I have about the Gibby Vs, though I could live with it without an issue.

It just doesn't follow the lines of the guitar well. A string through following the shape of the guitar would be more aesthetically pleasing, or a regular TOM stoptail would work, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah! I have a '67 model lookalike custom-made white V...but to me the ultimate Gibson V would be that in all except I'd much prefer the original style body/neck joint without the flanges beside the neck, and the neck just starting direct from the body.

The 67 model seems slightly bigger to me than the original shape, like the one here. Maybe it's just the flanges? Is it actually a little bigger too? Could anyone confirm whether they're the same size or not?

I've sometimes seriously thought of buying another decent V like the Epiphone one, with the old-style shapes, and convert it to look like a 67 model in all respects except the neck joint area. i.e. change the picguard, relocate the jack off the face, install stopbar and also cut the headstock a little less pointy/duller.

That'd be the best V for me!
    Dee

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hell yeah, it's WAY bigger for the '67 model body...no wonder it looks so huge to me!

DAMN! Now I have to start thinking about it anew. How could I make it so that it'd combine the smaller body and the features and the pickguard of the '67?`DAMN.
    Dee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post

Hell yeah, it's WAY bigger for the '67 model body...no wonder it looks so huge to me!

DAMN! Now I have to start thinking about it anew. How could I make it so that it'd combine the smaller body and the features and the pickguard of the '67?`DAMN.
    Wow, I'd never known about that body-size difference. Thanks for pointing that out.