Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Like" button and Facebook connection?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default "Like" button and Facebook connection?

Hey Robert, some forums have a "Like" button to like posts/threads on facebook. It is kind of nice when I run across something I like and want to FB it. What about doing that here? There are so many things to "Like" that I could share with off forum friends easily that way.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea Sunnyboy. What aboout it Roberto? Can we promote thefret on Facebook this way?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Hang on Sloopy.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of sloopy...

Post Thanks / Like

Like.
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Rick is cool. I had contact with him via email a while back.

We play that song in our 70s rock band.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yes. Hang on Sloopy.
    Coolio!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Rick is cool. I had contact with him via email a while back.

We play that song in our 70s rock band.
    I hung out with him at the club I engineered at. We got to take a leak together in the boy's room. I'll see if I can find the picture...um, of us not in the bathroom together.

Post Thanks / Like

What is this facebook of which you speak?
    -Sean
    Guitars: Lots.
    Amphs: More than last year.
    Pedals: Many, although I go straight from guitar to amp more often lately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    We got to take a leak together in the boy's room. I'll see if I can find the picture...um, of us not in the bathroom together.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Too much information!! Don't cross the streams!!!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I hung out with him at the club I engineered at. We got to take a leak together in the boy's room. I'll see if I can find the picture...um, of us not in the bathroom together.
    I took a leak next to Bob Mould once. My brush with fame.
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine was on the road with a four-piece band once. Having had some awesome "chili wheels" at a truck stop, he was needing to use the restroom urgently an hour or so later.
    Their van pulled into a gas station, he bolted inside asking for the restroom key (the kind bolted to a piece of broomstick), and was told it was never returned by the last guy who took it.
    The attendant said, "They just left, it was Willie Nelson's bus driver!"
    That was my buddy's brush with fame and immortality.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I gave Kenny G and Rob Lowe ski lessons a few years back, in the same set of lessons. We did not go the restroom together though. Saw Clint, and Arnold and lots of the celebs that year.

It would be cool to get the FB button though!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we could start a separate thread for urinating with celebrities.

I still don't have a Facebook account, and probably never will. No time for social networking really. I don't even check my MySpace page anymore. Wow, I sound like a grumpy old man...
    -Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post
    Can we? Really!? Cause I've got a lot more Yellow River stories. What a great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey, quit hijacking my facebook thread. Where is that "dislike" button!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenFretter View Post

I still don't have a Facebook account, and probably never will. No time for social networking really. I don't even check my MySpace page anymore. Wow, I sound like a grumpy old man...
    Allen Shepherd was my piss with fame encounter.

//As for facebook, I'll never go to the Dark Side!
    I'm not one of those conspiracy wacko's in foil hats, but my work in information security has exposed me to many things that are normally hidden.
    This interview confirms my suspicion I share with many about the monitoring of Google use by the NSA. Warrentless wire tapping is now standard operating procedure for the NSA. Now, Facebook can be added:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20059247-17.html

"Facebook in particular is the most appalling spying machine that has ever been invented," Assange said in the interview, which was videotaped and published on the site. "Here we have the world's most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations and the communications with each other, their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to U.S. intelligence."

He also told RT that in addition to the world's largest social network, Google and Yahoo "have built-in interfaces for U.S. intelligence."

"It's not a matter of serving a subpoena," he told RT. "They have an interface that they have developed for U.S. intelligence to use."

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Facebook integration set up - like it or don't!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like. I hit the button and hooked it up. I am aware that our data is being collected from sites such as facebook, but I am not worried about the govt. or others being aware of my interest in guitar. Time magazine had a cover a couple months ago that said "your data is being collected and is not private. Get over it." While I don't like it, and am a bit careful about what I post on any site, I am not going to worry about it all that much either.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast