Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Backing Tracks in A - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backing Tracks in A

Post Thanks / Like

Man, what a jam session! I nominate this for FretNet CD track number 1.

This internet thing is pretty cool, ain't it?

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    P.S. I am serious. If someone comes in to town on vacation or whatever, I will buy.
    Its a long haul for me out your way I use travel through Idaho quite a bit years ago on my way to Vancouver. I will take you up on the offer if I ever make it out the way again. For recording I'm using a Digitech GNX4 usb. to the pc and Pro Tracks Plus for the software thats pretty much it, once in awhile I'll mic my Fender Twin Reverb through the GNX. Its pretty simple really.
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Its a long haul for me out your way I use travel through Idaho quite a bit years ago on my way to Vancouver. I will take you up on the offer if I ever make it out the way again. For recording I'm using a Digitech GNX4 usb. to the pc and Pro Tracks Plus for the software thats pretty much it, once in awhile I'll mic my Fender Twin Reverb through the GNX. Its pretty simple really.
    Thanks Zeusse, and you are welcome any time to take me up on my offer. BTW, which guitar were you working on the track?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    Sounds like we have a similar taste in coffee, I like to drink espresso....in a mug

Gear on this song: Schecter C1 Elite > Marshall GV2 > Tonelab > iMac.
    I dont remember the settings, I think it was a a clean twin patch with the guvnor set at 1/4 gain. Sorry.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved?
    DVM's Record-for-Cheap Set-up:

• Behringer XM8500 mic
    • Sound card in my PC
    • Audacity recording/editing software (free!)

Actually, I didn't even mic the amp, as I usually do. My wife was dozing on the family room couch Sunday afternoon, and I didn't want to disturb her. So instead, I recorded by running the headphone output of my AD30VT (which unfortunately is pre-tube/power stage) into the Line In jack on my sound card. I don't like what that does tonally, because it really scoops out the bottom and accentuates the highs. But since the backing track already had a "bottom", I didn't think it sounded that bad.

As far as the guitar & amp go, it was my Strat Plus played with the bridge & middle p'ups in series (one of the "Strat Lovers" wiring mods I did a while back), using the AC30TB model on my Vox AD30VT amp, with quite a bit of reverb, and juiced up with my ToneBone and Bad Monkey OD pedals in combination.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zeusse, and you are welcome any time to take me up on my offer. BTW, which guitar were you working on the track?
    I used my customized Ibanez Roadstar 2 not excactly a blues guitar I probably should use my Strat or LP for the blues stuff. I have active pickups in the Ibanez so they are a bit too raunchy for the blues. I'll have things sorted out better for the next bit of blues I do
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical

Post Thanks / Like

Ibanez SA series with humbuckers>Bad Monkey>Vamp2 on a fairly clean patch>Cubase. Oh, and I filtered everything through a piece of toast. That's my secret.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Default here's my ending

An ending. I am still new, but not fragile so any critisism will be taken constructively.

My computer lagged during the first five chord for some reason so that ended up sounding a little awkward.

http://www.box.net/public/d8611i31c5

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Moshe. Awesome sounding guitar too. A fine ending to our FIRST thefret.net collaboration tune.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I listened to all the additions guys... this is FREAKIN' awesome man! All it took to do this was a mic, a soundcard, and Audacity? Crap... whay did I blow $1400 on a recorder for? I gotta give this a try!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

My take on the first backing track...One and only one take. First Act ME501 through Johnson J-Station.

http://cyberjammin.com/uploads/Cyber..._backtrack.mp3

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I listened to all the additions guys... this is FREAKIN' awesome man! All it took to do this was a mic, a soundcard, and Audacity? Crap... whay did I blow $1400 on a recorder for? I gotta give this a try!
    Don't feel bad dude my buddy has a real recording studio that becomes more vacant everyday. He came over and looked at my gear and fell over..(he thought I was cheating on him at another studio) Mind you he actually knows what he's doing but I'm catching up..hehe

And by the way great job kerc and moshe
    Cannuck on a mission

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks zeusse and spud. This is fun! Well Im learning anyway..

Well done

duhvoodooman
    kerc
    SS
    spudman

Thanks for posting these backing tracks

Post Thanks / Like

Good job Moshe & Kerc!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

OG -

Thanks for posting all of these backing tracks. Regarding the original backing tracks posted in this thread, could you let me know what key the 4th one is in (the long synth/drum groove)? I have been working on the minor pentatonic scale in A with my teacher, but it doesn't seem to fit that track. I'd like to play along with it, but I don't really know where on the neck it is "safe" to play it. Thanks!
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Thanks for posting all of these backing tracks. Regarding the original backing tracks posted in this thread, could you let me know what key the 4th one is in (the long synth/drum groove)? I have been working on the minor pentatonic scale in A with my teacher, but it doesn't seem to fit that track. I'd like to play along with it, but I don't really know where on the neck it is "safe" to play it. Thanks!
    I'm not the old guy, but it is in A. It a chord progression based on an A major pentatonic scale, so it sounds better with the major pentatonic than the minor. A sneaky way to "convert" your A minor forms to A major is to shift them down three frets (aka a step and a half). Then you are actually playing in F# minor, BUT F# is the relative minor of A which means that when you play F# minor you are also playing A major. Just remember to stick around the A notes instead of the F#s. That way it will sound "right" when you play it. The theory is a bit deep, but it's really as simple as that.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for putting me on the right track, marnold. I'll be working on it!
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am re-starting this one, an old favorite of mine Oldguy laid out here. I don't care if I sound crappy, I am just going to play on some of these things. So here it is, clams and all. Lots of time left on it to make it sound better! Please hop in!

http://www.box.net/shared/hmr549bk8o
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I am re-starting this one, an old favorite of mine Oldguy laid out here. I don't care if I sound crappy, I am just going to play on some of these things. So here it is, clams and all. Lots of time left on it to make it sound better! Please hop in!

http://www.box.net/shared/hmr549bk8o
    : :
    Another nice thing is, by posting here on TheFret, you can come back and check on your progress as time goes by......that's what I've done.... nothing to report yet.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast