Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Backing Tracks in A

Thread: Backing Tracks in A

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    .....and I left the last break for somebody else.
    Well, Spuds, Swede and Zeusse have done all the heavy lifting, so I just stuck an end on it, 'cuz it needed one....

http://www.box.net/public/529q4bmmdm
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; November 19th, 2006 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Sumtiemz eye doant spel sew gud
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley) Now that we know how to do it we can jam more often and everyone with the ability to record can contribute. Awesome!

For those who didn't try anything yet on this...you can easily go back and download the same track at any stage in this process and add your own part to it.

I admit that I screwed up and didn't provide just the rhythm track that I added without the lead. Sorry. I think that would be crucial to giving everyone a chance to play. Next time we post a backing track and lay just a rhythm over it we should be sure to make just that track available as well so that a person can start playing from anywhere on the track. Deal?

Clap, clap, clap. Nice job gents. Beer is on Steve from Sun Valley.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley) Now that we know how to do it we can jam more often and everyone with the ability to record can contribute. Awesome!
    Yeah what Spuds said!! This was an excellent listen... You guys rock (Flicking his bic in the air).... hope to hear more soon..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff there Voodooman glad you had enough left to squeeze in some riffs...I got a tone of backers that are split up nicely to make 4 and 5 equal spots like that one I even got a couple that are 6 spottters...and if anybody is interested in a colab. project on something I'm always up for it doesn't matter who the artist or backer is. I've always enjoyed community jams it's great to hear all the different styles on tones...mind you I gotta get a blues tone organized
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley)
    Yeah, we need a clapping smiley!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For those who didn't try anything yet on this...you can easily go back and download the same track at any stage in this process and add your own part to it.

I admit that I screwed up and didn't provide just the rhythm track that I added without the lead. Sorry. I think that would be crucial to giving everyone a chance to play. Next time we post a backing track and lay just a rhythm over it we should be sure to make just that track available as well so that a person can start playing from anywhere on the track. Deal?

Clap, clap, clap. Nice job gents. Beer is on Steve from Sun Valley.

LOL!! If you guys come over to play, I'll buy at least the first pitcher! Seriously, I was listening on the way up to work to the project after DVM added in, and I couldn't stop re-playing the song. Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    LOL!! If you guys come over to play,(on guitars OR up on the hill) I'll buy at least the first pitcher! Seriously, I was listening on the way up to work to the project after DVM added in, and I couldn't stop re-playing the song. Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    P.S. I am serious. If someone comes in to town on vacation or whatever, I will buy.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

P.S. I am serious. If someone comes in to town on vacation or whatever, I will buy.
    Its a long haul for me out your way I use travel through Idaho quite a bit years ago on my way to Vancouver. I will take you up on the offer if I ever make it out the way again. For recording I'm using a Digitech GNX4 usb. to the pc and Pro Tracks Plus for the software thats pretty much it, once in awhile I'll mic my Fender Twin Reverb through the GNX. Its pretty simple really.
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    Its a long haul for me out your way I use travel through Idaho quite a bit years ago on my way to Vancouver. I will take you up on the offer if I ever make it out the way again. For recording I'm using a Digitech GNX4 usb. to the pc and Pro Tracks Plus for the software thats pretty much it, once in awhile I'll mic my Fender Twin Reverb through the GNX. Its pretty simple really.
    Thanks Zeusse, and you are welcome any time to take me up on my offer. BTW, which guitar were you working on the track?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Zeusse, and you are welcome any time to take me up on my offer. BTW, which guitar were you working on the track?
    I used my customized Ibanez Roadstar 2 not excactly a blues guitar I probably should use my Strat or LP for the blues stuff. I have active pickups in the Ibanez so they are a bit too raunchy for the blues. I'll have things sorted out better for the next bit of blues I do
    Cannuck on a mission

Post Thanks / Like

Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    Sounds like we have a similar taste in coffee, I like to drink espresso....in a mug

Gear on this song: Schecter C1 Elite > Marshall GV2 > Tonelab > iMac.
    I dont remember the settings, I think it was a a clean twin patch with the guvnor set at 1/4 gain. Sorry.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved?
    DVM's Record-for-Cheap Set-up:

• Behringer XM8500 mic
    • Sound card in my PC
    • Audacity recording/editing software (free!)

Actually, I didn't even mic the amp, as I usually do. My wife was dozing on the family room couch Sunday afternoon, and I didn't want to disturb her. So instead, I recorded by running the headphone output of my AD30VT (which unfortunately is pre-tube/power stage) into the Line In jack on my sound card. I don't like what that does tonally, because it really scoops out the bottom and accentuates the highs. But since the backing track already had a "bottom", I didn't think it sounded that bad.

As far as the guitar & amp go, it was my Strat Plus played with the bridge & middle p'ups in series (one of the "Strat Lovers" wiring mods I did a while back), using the AC30TB model on my Vox AD30VT amp, with quite a bit of reverb, and juiced up with my ToneBone and Bad Monkey OD pedals in combination.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!