Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Backing Tracks in A
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backing Tracks in A

Post Thanks / Like

Default Backing Tracks in A

Wondered if someone could use these for practice/instructional purposes. One is slower than the other, and they might be useful to help learn scales and such. Along with Dolphinstreet's lessons they could be useful and fun.
    Oldguy

http://www.box.net/public/x8m0qlhxtm

http://www.box.net/public/6755cdh3g2

Here's another that sounds like somebody, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe an 80's hard rock band?

http://www.box.net/public/zvvqktvuyl

This one's kinda long, but has a nice synth and drum groove to it. Let's hear some of you Fretter's get some clips posted w/ these, I know you got the talent for it.

http://www.box.net/public/7jsnkyhupr
    Last edited by oldguy; November 18th, 2006 at 06:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I took the shuffle in A and added a rhythm guitar track and did some lead until about bar 30 something.

Here's what we'll try.

The next person that can get on it can take up where I left off and do the next verse and chorus. Someone else can do something after that. We'll be doing a little collaborating kind of like it's open mic night and whoever is on the stage gets a round to do their stuff.

The next person to lay down a part has to put up a link to their file or somehow make their version accessible so the next person can do their thing. The box.net seems to be a great place to store and collect your files for free. It's easy to use with a PLAY or DOWNLOAD option.

Here is my part. Let me know if you can't get the file.
    http://www.box.net/public/xasly2maee#f3387650

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea spud.. Here is my take, and there is room for another in the end.
    http://www.box.net/public/6oajkz43hn
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Spuds, Swede...YOU GUYS ROCK! Thanks alot, this is what I hoped would happen with these BT's. Great playing and a good format to share with other fretters.
    Robert, thanks again for the tip about the box.net. Seems to be working.
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Great jam you guys I hope you didn't mind I was at home and decided to give it a quick go and I left the last break for somebody else. I'm kinda rusty on my blues as you'll see

http://www.box.net/public/xjztsoql3d

if the levels aren't right I can repost
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Sewede and Zeusse. Awesome playing. I felt like I was on stage waiting for the waitress to bring another round for the band.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoo hoo! That was hands down, Katie bar the door, hang on, the best track I have listened to so far. 3 different tones and styles and you all play excellent. I felt like I was at the end of an all day concert when all the notables get together and jam that last song.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

*clap* *clap* *clap* Nice playing Spud and Zeusse!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeusse
    .....and I left the last break for somebody else.
    Well, Spuds, Swede and Zeusse have done all the heavy lifting, so I just stuck an end on it, 'cuz it needed one....

http://www.box.net/public/529q4bmmdm
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; November 19th, 2006 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Sumtiemz eye doant spel sew gud
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley) Now that we know how to do it we can jam more often and everyone with the ability to record can contribute. Awesome!

For those who didn't try anything yet on this...you can easily go back and download the same track at any stage in this process and add your own part to it.

I admit that I screwed up and didn't provide just the rhythm track that I added without the lead. Sorry. I think that would be crucial to giving everyone a chance to play. Next time we post a backing track and lay just a rhythm over it we should be sure to make just that track available as well so that a person can start playing from anywhere on the track. Deal?

Clap, clap, clap. Nice job gents. Beer is on Steve from Sun Valley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley) Now that we know how to do it we can jam more often and everyone with the ability to record can contribute. Awesome!
    Yeah what Spuds said!! This was an excellent listen... You guys rock (Flicking his bic in the air).... hope to hear more soon..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff there Voodooman glad you had enough left to squeeze in some riffs...I got a tone of backers that are split up nicely to make 4 and 5 equal spots like that one I even got a couple that are 6 spottters...and if anybody is interested in a colab. project on something I'm always up for it doesn't matter who the artist or backer is. I've always enjoyed community jams it's great to hear all the different styles on tones...mind you I gotta get a blues tone organized
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Great job everybody.(insert clapping smiley)
    Yeah, we need a clapping smiley!

Post Thanks / Like

Great playing guys! This one is going on my iPod for future listening. If this is a small example of what the Fret Net CD will sound like, I can wait for it to be completed.

The only trouble I am having with this compiling of several musicians on one song is ... how in the heck did you do it? I cannot figure it out. I am working with Audacity, but can not figure out how the three of you guys did what you did.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    The only trouble I am having with this compiling of several musicians on one song is ... how in the heck did you do it? I cannot figure it out. I am working with Audacity, but can not figure out how the three of you guys did what you did.
    Easy, really. After Oldguy recorded the backing track and uploaded it, each of us (I assume!) just did the following:

1. Download the MP3
    2. Import into recording software
    3. Dub in the new part
    4. Export to MP3
    5. Upload to Box.net
    6. Repeat as needed
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes its very easy. I import the mp3 file as a stereo track, and then add another stereo track for the guitar that merges with the first when exported as AIFF. After that I convert it to MP3 (usually 160kb/s)

Post Thanks / Like

Well I thank you Gents for the information. It seems easy and I will attempt to give this a try.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For those who didn't try anything yet on this...you can easily go back and download the same track at any stage in this process and add your own part to it.

I admit that I screwed up and didn't provide just the rhythm track that I added without the lead. Sorry. I think that would be crucial to giving everyone a chance to play. Next time we post a backing track and lay just a rhythm over it we should be sure to make just that track available as well so that a person can start playing from anywhere on the track. Deal?

Clap, clap, clap. Nice job gents. Beer is on Steve from Sun Valley.

LOL!! If you guys come over to play, I'll buy at least the first pitcher! Seriously, I was listening on the way up to work to the project after DVM added in, and I couldn't stop re-playing the song. Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    LOL!! If you guys come over to play,(on guitars OR up on the hill) I'll buy at least the first pitcher! Seriously, I was listening on the way up to work to the project after DVM added in, and I couldn't stop re-playing the song. Could each contributor please share the equipment used and settings involved? It just rocked! I am now committed to playing thousands of scales so I can get comfortable enough to play some of those licks. Thanks guys, the beers on me. Hope you like it like I like my coffee, strong and dark!
    P.S. I am serious. If someone comes in to town on vacation or whatever, I will buy.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast