Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ordered a whole bunch of parts from GFS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ordered a whole bunch of parts from GFS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Tim,

Not that I know what I'm talking about, but were those linear or logarithmic tapers?

I'm looking for strat-style saddle intonation *Screws & Springs*. I don't need new saddles only the adjustment screws. I couldn't find them at guitarpartsresource.com, nor at Stewart Mac. Anybody know where I can get these? I should probably email those sites, I'm sure that they *must* have them.
    What kinda saddles do you have? Ive got 6 import saddles with all the hardware youre talking about...and Im also fixin to replace all 6 saddles on my Strat too(import as well), BUT my point being is Ive gotta find the saddles AND the hardware is almost always in the same catagory. So if the import parts arent good enough Ill get you a link...okay?

Post Thanks / Like

Bridge height adjustment screws(link)

Im guessing youve got the American saddles...as mine arent all the same lenght, and I could also use some longer ones to get my intontation spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Bridge height adjustment screws(link)

Im guessing youve got the American saddles...as mine arent all the same lenght, and I could also use some longer ones to get my intontation spot on.
    Yeah, I'm looking for longer screws too, for the same reason.

Thanks Shorty!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno why they just dont make those height adjusting screws all the same length?

Yall probably arent going to believe this but I use those nickle plated brass Strat saddles on my Squier Tele...I really wanted one of those bridges with the 3 brass saddles to draw more twang out, but wasnt into all the drilling to make it work...so I just went with the nickle plated brass Strat saddles, and I gotta say it worked great! So much so that I plan to replace the import saddles on my Strat and get another set of these...sounds nicer than the alluminum ones, cant wait to hear the difference on the Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Yeah, I'm looking for longer screws too, for the same reason.

Thanks Shorty!
    The springs also seem a little weak. If I move the saddle towards the headstock, I often have to push the saddle out by hand & then tighten the screw a bit to get it to be stable. So I'm still looking for new screws n' springs.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ShortBuSX,

Do you know where I can get decent saddles for my Chicom Strat? I feel like the stock saddles are sucking the tone right out of this thing. I have been comparing them to other saddles and they appear to be narrower then U.S. made parts which would put my string spacing askew.

Thank you for your time and help.
    M29

Post Thanks / Like

Can you show me the saddles youve got? Which bridge/tremolo?

Do you want Fender saddles or what? Ive got a couple of suggestions, but it depends on what you want and are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

ShortBuSX,

These look like dicast or something. The guitar sounds somewhat dark and I don't think it is the wood but it may be. If I get good saddles it will tell me for sure if the wood (agathis) is suspect. I would like something equivalent to U.S. Fender, if there is something that is cheaper that would be great.

Thank you

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a cool micrometer where did you get that M29?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Agathis? Then yours is a Squier? My Squier Tele is made out of that too...I like it.

Anyways, if its an import then you should be able to use the same saddles I am. Nickle plated brass

But also check out http://www.angela.com/ and BOOKMARK it!!! Youll refer to it over and over again, and they are a great source for Fender small parts...and CHEAP TOO!!!
    But it seems the guitar parts section is down currently...but they have all the old vintage style saddles too.

If memory serves me correctly I went to GraphTech to confirm sizes and widths before I swapped mine. Youll have to do a search on there for your make and model...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Thats a cool micrometer where did you get that M29?
    Here ya go T2B.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47257

Digital calipers are great for guitar work. You can also do a search they are offered at different prices. Real handy!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark, that is right where I got mine. That is a great deal for 15.00 I paid 20.00 for mine and that was an awesome deal! They work great I still like my (old school calipers) but these are nice too.

ShortBuSX Thanks for the links, I did not know you could check sizes on these I just thought they were imports and all they had were U.S. sizes. Thanks!

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    ShortBuSX Thanks for the links, I did not know you could check sizes on these I just thought they were imports and all they had were U.S. sizes. Thanks!

M29
    If memeory serves me, I thin the saddles are measured center to center(of the height adjustment screws).

BTW, do you have plans to sell that Strat body???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks you guys!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123