Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Your favorite female vocalists? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite female vocalists?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    J. Jett and Lita ford what can I say, both together in the Runaways and solo...hubba hubba!!!
    I guess you never saw... Jackie (bass) Fox's mom =

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    I also have a guilty pleasure for loving Jewel.I know Tig bite your lip brother!!
    Hey, while I don't own any of her albums, at least she can write her own music, which isn't too bad. Besides, she's kinda' cute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Who is Jeff Beck's go-to female vocalist?
    Imelda May

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tig;207343]Who is Jeff Beck's go-to female vocalist?
    Imelda May

It used to be Rod Stewart.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Judy Garland, Billie Holiday, Dusty Springfield, Alison Krauss, Patty Loveless, Annie Haslam, Laura Nyro
    Last edited by guitarhack; May 18th, 2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add item

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Tibernius - Charlotte Wessells! Wow, I hadn't heard of her or the band. Thanks.
    I saw Delain live at the first show of their current tour (also their first show ever with their new guitarist) and they were just as good live. They used very little in the way of backing tracks as well, for 99% of the gig it was just what they were playing/singing.

I'm glad to see you like Anneke too. In the past I've felt she was a little inconsistent and only got one of their albums. What album is your video from? I really like it.
    It's from "If then else". I haven't heard all of their catalogue yet but that's definitely my favourite of their albums that I've heard.

Vibeke has a heck of a range too. I didn't know about her.
    Unfortunately she's no longer singing with Tristania. From what I could find she's turned to teaching singing. I'm not keen on her replacement in Tristania either, she just doesn't have the same power.

While I'm here, I forgot a really obvious one last time:

Christina Scabbia:
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favorites are Nina Persson and Shirley Mansion, both of which had already been mentioned in this thread. One female singer that I really like is Tina Dico. You may not have heard of her; I found out about her from her participation in the group Zero 7. She writes great songs too.

If you want to hear some more look her up in Youtube for her doing John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" and her version of "Triad."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Hey, while I don't own any of her albums, at least she can write her own music, which isn't too bad. Besides, she's kinda' cute!
    Plus.....plus......plus....at some point, somewhere......she was photo'd holding a metal reso. Be still my heart!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Joss Stone is another guilty pleasure of mine. Her Jeff Beck and Tal on bass, i've died and gone to heaven!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mm,

Aimee Mann
    Sheryl Crow

I know these because their 'band' is under the same name. As a rule I don't know the names of people in bands I like except a few biggest ones like Dickinson etc.

Carrie Akre ( I had to google who sang in Hammerbox)

Yep those are the top ones! Lots of good ones out there, like the lady from Heart etc. but those three are my faves, not only by voice but songwriting etc. as well.

And, yeah, gotta love Pink's voice&attitude too. That gal from No Doubt is also cool, can't be bothered to google the name.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Qwen Stefani is her name!!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Right! Stefani! You know, we used to have a version of No Doubt's I'm just a girl but in Finnish and also of course I sang it as I'm just a boy; audience loved the version...I just remember it was pretty exhausting to sing, quick rather high patter for a loong time.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I will always have a special place in my heart for Pat Benatar. I'd love to hear her do an album of blues covers. I had a huge crush on her back in the day.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Pat Benatar... Her husband, Neil Giraldo, is a heck of a guitar player, too!

Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart get a vote, here, too!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I will always have a special place in my heart for Pat Benatar. I'd love to hear her do an album of blues covers. I had a huge crush on her back in the day.
    She did make a blues album, True Blue

Hard to believe it is 20 year old.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    She did make a blues album, True Blue

Hard to believe it is 20 year old.
    And how in the world have I gone this long without knowing that?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Suzy Bogguss. If you don't like country, check out her Sweet Danger Album. Here's a cut that album, a Chicago cover.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    And how in the world have I gone this long without knowing that?
    It's pretty good. My wife has it. Of course there is lots of tasty guitar playing on that album.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast