Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Dead at 58

Thread: Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Dead at 58

Post Thanks / Like

Default Randy "Macho Man" Savage - Dead at 58

Former pro-wrestling star Randy "Macho Man" Savage died today at the age of 58 in a car accident in Seminole, FL.

Like many boys, I was pretty into pro-wrestling when I was 12-15. I knew it was staged, but I enjoyed the humor of it and to me, Randy Savage was the funniest of them all.

The guy had charisma to spare and comedic timing that many so-called comedic actors would benefit from studying.

Waiting tables in the Tampa Bay area for ten years I had the opportunity to meet a lot of pro wrestlers as many live in this area. I met Randy Savage once and found him very personable and humble.

In honor of Randy, here is his hilarious appearance on Space Ghost Coast to Coast as Leonard Ghostal, grandfather of Space Ghost.

RIP Randy Savage

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to be disrespectful, but I wasn't surprised about the heart attack report at all. I think he's a part of all our youths.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, the Macho Man and Elizabeth (his wife and "manager" at the time) were part of the reason my stepdad and I were glued to the TV to watch 'rasslin' when I was growing up.

This is a sad thing. RIP, Mr. Savage...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Official cause of death is heart related.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/A...?urn=top-wp159

The St. Petersburg Medical Examiner's Office found that the 58-year-old had an enlarged heart with hardened coronary arteries. He became unresponsive while driving his Jeep Wrangler on a Florida highway in May and crashed into a tree. While the auto accident left minor cuts and bruises, the heart problems were the official cause of death of the wrestler.

At the time of his death, it was unknown whether the former wrestling star had died because of the heart issue or because the heart issue caused him to crash. The coroner said Savage was found with therapeutic levels of a number of prescribed drugs in his system and that alcohol wasn't a factor. There was no evidence he was taking any heart medication, leading to the assumption that Savage may not have known about his condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely, I wasn't into pro wrestling as a kid. It wasn't until I was in my late teens that I got into it. By that point, I think my friends and I watched it sort of to make fun of it, but also half-seriously, as a male soap opera.

That's a crazy-old-looking Macho Man. I wonder what Sting and Big Sexy and Lex Luger look like by this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner