Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
A little Rough Cut

Thread: A little Rough Cut

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default A little Rough Cut

Haven't been able to find time to record recently but I took a look back over a few rough cuts that I had recorded a couple of years ago and found this one. I used a Digitech Whammy/Wah XP100 into a PODxt and a BOSS BR532 to record. The bass is actually my guitar into the Whammy detuned which I think tracks pretty well. I used my Santana SE and again the XP100 Wah setting for the lead. It's bit rough but it's got a funky vibe I think.

http://www.box.net/public/ny86m8mhxm
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooo, I like that! Nice groove, Lev. Keep 'em coming....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Whammy funk... thatsa nice mix.... you still use the Digitech Whammy Lev? Seems like a very nice pedal... and sounds like one too.. nice jam.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lev, email me the tracks (filter at work) Email address is available when you click my moniker.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Getting funky! Nice one, Lev.

Post Thanks / Like

nice track... a bit like the music from the old 70´s cop series on TV!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Whammy funk... thatsa nice mix.... you still use the Digitech Whammy Lev? Seems like a very nice pedal... and sounds like one too.. nice jam.
    Hey Justa, the XP100 was possibly one of the worst made pedals I've ever used but great at the same time (if that makes sense). When it worked it worked well but the pedal mechanism was really flimsey and it killed your tone in bypass. I've upgraded now to the Expression Factory which is a much better built pedal but doesn't have as nice a sweep on the wah as the XP100 had. There's always a compromise when you buy mutifuntional pedals I guess. Digitech discontinued the XP100 whammy/wah a few year ago. Whammys are fun to play with though!
    - Lev

Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sending me the track via email Lev.

Here's an interesting story about this....Lev emailed me and saw that my address was in Albuquerque, NM. He wrote back and said that he spent some time here working at a local chip plant and bought a guitar here in town that he happened to use on this backing track. Pretty cool.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Hey Justa, the XP100 was possibly one of the worst made pedals I've ever used but great at the same time (if that makes sense). When it worked it worked well but the pedal mechanism was really flimsey and it killed your tone in bypass.
    Thanks Lev, I appreciate your opinion.. was thinking of one but read reviews simular to your comment on it... I will now look elsewhere.. maybe the expression factory...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    Digitech discontinued the XP100 whammy/wah a few year ago. Whammys are fun to play with though!
    Oh wait..I might have my whammy's confussed... is this the same pedal or an upgrade? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...rol?sku=150171

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent structure to this Lev you might want to get some lyrics on this puppy and maybe a little lead work...very cool!
    Cannuck on a mission
    Guitars: Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Roadstar 2, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Gibson Flying V, Yamaha 12 string, some beat up old classical
    Amps: 1969 Fender Twin Reverb, 2002 Line 6 Flextone 2
    Effects: Digitech GNX4, Boss ME30, and a whack of pedals

http://www.myspace.com/zeussethegod

Post Thanks / Like

Lev... SWEET MAN! You can never go wrong with the WAH. Jimi would be proud of you! I can picture Band of Gypsys performing that with you!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    Lev emailed me and saw that my address was in Albuquerque, NM. He wrote back and said that he spent some time here working at a local chip plant and bought a guitar here in town that he happened to use on this backing track. Pretty cool.
    That's a micro chip plant rather than a potato chip plant!! Yep, bought the Santana SE in Albuquerque, brought it back to Ireland, recorded this song and now I'm emailing it back to Tone in Albuqueque!

Justa, the pedal you posted is the Whammy which is a great pedal - the one I had was a combination of Whammy and Wah which has been discontinued. The Expression Factory doesn't have as many Whammy options (extra harmonies, octaves, sub octaves) but it has the main whammy features along with wah, space station, univibe etc. They are expensive pedals when you consider that you will probably only have a limitted use for them.

Thanks to all for the encouragement on the track, I'm thinking of rerecording it and getting the mix a bit better. I'll might add some lead too.
    - Lev

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, Lev! Keep 'em coming.