Thread: my band, shelftalker

Post Thanks / Like

Default my band, shelftalker

hey fellow guitarheads, just thought i'd share this with you guys.
    think i've posted this before but there are some new tracks up there..
    hope you like it.

http://www.myspace.com/shelftalker
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass
    Amps: VOX ad50vt
    Pedals: BOSS digital delay :: BOSS DS1 :: MXR overdrive :: CryBaby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote: About SHELFTALKER
    No top 40s band we aren't. The original. The bleeding. The pain beyond. To find that one song, that will make us all cry, laugh and seethe at the same time. It's worth it all when your friends know your lyrics better than you do, and use them as a manuscript for life.

I really enjoyed the playing and vocals on "Let"... thanks for the link to the site.. keep it up.. singapore rocks...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the encouragement, Justa.
    too bad no real drums yet.. oh well, it is a home recording afterall!
    Guitars: Fender Telecaster MIJ :: Fender Stratocaster MIJ :: Gibson SG Special Faded :: Washburn Acoustic D10 :: Martin Arts & Craft :: Little Martin Acoustic LXK2 :: Musicman Stingray Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f1point7
    oh well, it is a home recording afterall!
    I been listening to "Let" over and over since I found the link early today.. I truelly have to say it has the best vocals and music I have heard here... I have always favored a ballad type over hard metal type songs.. I don't know if that is you singing.. but when Shelftalker makes it big and tour in America I will be buying a ticket... now please tell me thats not a cover song ? lol
    Last edited by Justaguyin_nc; November 20th, 2006 at 12:24 PM.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

f1point7, are these your band's original compositions? They are terrific songs. I think your songs are ahead of your ability to record at the moment. They are going to be killer once your recording production is cleaned up.

aeolian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I been listening to "Let" over and over since I found the link early today.. I truelly have to say it has the best vocals and music I have heard here... I have always favored a ballad type over hard metal type songs.. I don't know if that is you singing.. but when Shelftalker makes it big and tour in America I will be buying a ticket... now please tell me thats not a cover song ? lol
    hey Justa, thanks so much for ur support. it's a favourite tune of ours as well! and yes, it is our original
    that's mikael singing, i'm playing guitars. cheers
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    f1point7, are these your band's original compositions? They are terrific songs. I think your songs are ahead of your ability to record at the moment. They are going to be killer once your recording production is cleaned up.

aeolian
    thanks Aeolian, glad you dig the songs. it means a lot coming from this forum.
    yeah the songs are our own material. we've got more but haven't recorded them all yet.

any recommendations/tips for recording? am using garageband

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... I REALLY REALLY like "Let" - has a little R.E.M. type of vibe to it. Sweet man!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Wow... I REALLY REALLY like "Let" - has a little R.E.M. type of vibe to it. Sweet man!
    thanks tremolo, in order to be truely REM, we'd need to get some harmonies going on there..

i'm getting GAS... issit just me or can you tell i'm using a tele on the first 2 tracks? any excuse for a new electric (humbucking) !!

Post Thanks / Like

Rob!
    Man, I am delighted you put this link up! You guys are absolutely great composers, singers, songwriters, and musicians! I work away from home all week, but have 4 days off now, and will be listening to this much more ("Let"), what a great tune. I would rather put this tune on than 90 percent of what I hear on radio most days.
    Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Glenn, glad you like the song. your comment about the radio just made my day cheers