Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
JOPLIN, MO Tornado??

Thread: JOPLIN, MO Tornado??

Post Thanks / Like

Default JOPLIN, MO Tornado??

I hope that we can take time to think about those who may be Fret members with homes or family in and around Joplin, MO. It is another disaster that will effect a large amount of people in an already declining economy, jobs lost, many killed and they are just starting to uncover the worst of it. My heart goes out to all!

Post Thanks / Like

Mother Nature has sure been tough on much of the US this year. I feel for all of them. Life changes in a split second and with the 24 hour news cycle, folks get forgotten fast. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing video and pix from Joplin MO. Those poor people.

We actually had a tornado touch down in Philly last week, about 2 miles from where I live. It was an EF-0, so a minor tornado as these things go. That said, it was our first tornado in 12 years in Philly-proper.....so a monumental event for us.

Post Thanks / Like

We're about 30 miles from Joplin, just NW. It's pretty devastating over there. Currently 89 confirmed dead, the hospital ruined, lots of businesses and houses gone. And I mean GONE. Must have been an F4, about 1/2 mile wide and went all the way through town, west to east. For an idea how bad:

From Joplin Schools Superintendent C.J. Huff:

* Irving Elementary - a complete loss
    * Joplin High School - a complete loss
    * Franklin Tech Center - a complete loss
    * Joplin East Middle School - gym and auditorium are gone
    * Cecil Floyd - roof torn off
    * Administration building - roof torn off
    * Emerson Elementary - some damage
    * Kelsey Norman Elementary - some damage
    * Duquesne Elementary - some damage
    Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Ultra; pretty red Squier Acoustic;
    Amps: Vox VT30;
    Pedals: Dunlop Fuzz Face; Dunlop Crybaby Wah
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible destruction in Joplin. It's really sad. On top of that add Mississippi river flooding, and now the Yellowstone and Tongue rivers are flooding not to mention all the other smaller rivers around the country that are flooding.

It certainly is a tough time. Humans are pretty resilient though. I always hope for the best for the folks that are being challenged.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

That thing built up and then just sat on Joplin, churning it to rubble. I'm surprised the carnage isn't much worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen any live video of the tornado?

Post Thanks / Like

You can't see much on this one but it's scary to listen to:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cQnvxJZucds

Found this one too:
    http://www.wwltv.com/video/featured-...122435529.html

Post Thanks / Like

They showed video of the tornado on ABC's Good Morning America. Scary stuff. Some tornado-chaser dude videoed it and provided some commentary.

Anyone know if OldGuy is OK???? Doesn't he live out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One of the worst to hit the US in a long time. Very sad to see so much destruction.
    I feel for everyone there. The numbers will likely get much worse.

Entire neighborhoods were leveled.

Vehicles thrown like toys.

Post Thanks / Like

National Weather Service said it was EF4 possibly EF5 at times.
    My kids have: Squier Affinity Stratocaster MII; Fender G-DEC; Squire Acoustic; Jay Turser Strat-copy, Roland Cube amp

"I am a sworn enemy of the saccharine, and a believer in grace over karma." Bono 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Latest totals: "...officials say 116 are dead and more than 400 are injured."

Post Thanks / Like

I think OLD GUY is North of there , I hope he and his family are all safe, We had minor damages in our area last night and this morning. It is just so hard for many of the people to recover from such an event, I wish there more I could do to help out. We have given to Goodwill and Salvation Army so maybe that will help out in some small way.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually way north of Joplin. Thanks for thinking of me folks. If anyone can help in any way, those people really need it now.
    There's so much destruction in so many places this year it's hard to imagine.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

My first thought was of Glenn when I saw the news. Glad he is okay.now for a buddy in Forsythe,Mo I think he said the name was?terrible thing going on with mother nature.where I am now could be on the hit list hope not.been through one in Ky.thank you very much but no thanks.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

The destruction is just beyond my comprehension. I'm sitting here watching the news as I type. They just showed a fellow who's face is all swollen and blackened, black eyes. He was in his house with his wife and now doesn't know where she is. He's hoping she's one of the unidentified injured at one of the nearby hospitals ~
    Tornados touched down in 5 counties here in Pa. Nowhere near the kind of damage like Joplin and Tuscaloosa

Post Thanks / Like

Shocking before and after photos. It's a little scrunched up below. Click on the link to see a better comparison.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...2-missing.html

Post Thanks / Like

i cannot fathom what they are going through. i pray for them and their families.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra