Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Graduation!

Thread: Graduation!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Graduation!

Anyone else got any graduates? Let's see 'em.

Went to my daughter Hannah's Senior Class International Baccalaureate program banquet last night. Great for the kids to have a celebration, but when even the kids think it was too long, it was too long.

Still, got some great pics of her. She lived up to her yearbook appellation of "best dressed," for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you, Mrs. Krash and Hannah. Cute kid, great outfit. So....uh......how do you keep the riff-raff guys away from her?.....she's a bass player, right?

So, where does she go to from graduation? College? Rock-and-roll band? Give us the Cliff Notes version of what she wants to do, if you'd be so kind.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take "Thank Heavens She Looks Like Mom" for $500, Alex.

My son, Christian, was confirmed earlier this month and just graduated from the local Lutheran grade school yesterday. He wants to be a pastor like the old man so this fall he is going off to one of my Synod's worker-training high schools in Watertown, WI, about 2-2.5 hours away. Only 12 more years of school left!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

PBP-- She got a full scholarship at the Uni. of Central Florida in Orlando, a couple hours away. Which means one of my side bands will have to find a new bassist. As for riff-raff, she's not a big dater. Had a boyfriend a couple years ago, doesn't now.

Rev.-- So right about looking like her mom! Best wishes to your son, going away at 14 or so must be hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Very lovely young lady. Great picture of the both of you. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Oy! She is a beautiful young lady - and fantastic that she's got the scholarship. What a huge point in both of your lives - congratulations!
    Dave
    Guitars: Ibanez AF-75, Schecter Solo-6 Custom, Douglas SG
    Amps: Fender Princeton 65, Marshall AVT50
    Pedals: Metal Muff, MXR Smart Gate, EHX Cathedral Reverb, Digitech RP-255

Post Thanks / Like

love the pic of the two of you! I'm 20 min or so from ucf....let me know anytime you're in town!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you Both Krash! She is a real beautiful young lady that should go far in life, great that she doesn't date that much, if she was daughter I would have broken some legs by now. I wish her much success in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Brian! I know you're proud of her! But, who is that almost respectable looking goon she's hugging on???? LOL
    Ronnie

Guitars: Washburn WI64DL Idol, Yamaha Pacifica 112, Yamaha EG112C, Washburn House of Blues Electric, Washburn G30 Acoustic

Amps: Crate GX1200H Head, Crate 4x12 Cabinet, Crate GLX65 12" Combo, Johnson 15 watt, Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals: Cry Baby Wah, DOD FX20-B Stereo Phaser, Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive, Daneletro CM2 Metal II, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro FAB Flange

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^^^^

Congrats brother!!Glad I have boys fo-sho!! Hope they are respectful even though they are long haired artistic types........AKA.......band hooligans

They are rocking the flat tops for summer as of last week
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Haha, I gots all my hair short too. Good for summer and in my case I still have a radiation exit at the base of my neck that's only growing peach fuzz yet, so going short tends to minimize how much it'd otherwise stand out.

At any rate here's a couple pics of the grrls at the actual graduation:

My middle schooler graduated yesterday! Wish I could say he is an honor student too, haha.