Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ngd!

Thread: Ngd!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ngd!

Well, since it was also recently NFD(new fetus day) this Jaguar Blacktop HH will be last guitar I buy for a good long while. I was originally looking at the Squier model to save a few bones but I'm glad I picked this up. It really just played a lot better in my hands. I'm not totally sold on the tone/volume nobs but the rest of it just really pleases my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on both counts! Where was it made (the guitar, that is)?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Mexico. I still can't afford American. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omegadot View Post
    Mexico. I still can't afford American. ;-)
    You and me both. I just wasn't sure on the Blacktops. I wouldn't mind giving one of the Teles in that line a spin.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    You and me both. I just wasn't sure on the Blacktops. I wouldn't mind giving one of the Teles in that line a spin.
    My understanding of the whole line is that it's basically Fenders for guys that aren't really Fender guys. That describes me pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Happy new guitar day. I bet the 24" scale is sweet.

Maybe some domed Tele style knobs would look good. Better yet, find some knobs like Syo has for some of the Hell Guitar models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by omegadot View Post
    ...this Jaguar Blacktop HH will be last guitar I buy for a good long while.
    Where to go with this?

Anyway, that looks like a fine, no nonsense machine. Congratulations. What kind of wood is the body?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    What kind of wood is the body?
    According to Fender, the bodies are alder on the Blacktops.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats enjoy!!!
    Maxi...................

Bootsy Collins:
    I pledge allegiance to the funk, the whole funk, and nothing but the funk, so help me James, Sly and George, Amen!!

Guitars: 2010 American Special HSS Strat, 2010 CIC Squire CV ThinLine Tele, & 2006 MIM FSR Strat.

Basses: 1979 Peavey T-40, 2007 Ibanez SR 500, 2013 Ibanez SR375F, 2013 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass, 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee VI, & 2014 Sadowsky Will Lee Metro V

Amps: Mesa Boogie BASS STRATEGY:Eight:88, Aguliar DB 4X12, Augilar DB 751, Genz Benz CTR500-210T/Focus 1X15 CAB, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410, VHT Deliverance 60/VHT 2X12 fat Bottom Cab, & VOX DA20

Effects: Boss ME-25, MXR Custom Baddass 78, MXR Custom Baddass modified O.D., Vox Joe Satriani Satchurator, MXR Phase 90, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe/Octave Deluxe/Bass Compressor/Envelope Filter/, Way Huge Pork Loin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Cool! Happy new guitar day. I bet the 24" scale is sweet.

Maybe some domed Tele style knobs would look good. Better yet, find some knobs like Syo has for some of the Hell Guitar models.

It's funny because looking at the Hell Bender review made me think about changing the knobs!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, congrats!

You can get your Nirvana on and stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I was telling the wife that my love of Nirvana probably influenced the decision on the body style.

I will say though, weeks later, I have a developed a serious love affair with this guitar. If my apartment were burning down, it'd be my wife(she is pregnant after all) and then this.