Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digitech Tone Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Tim - The 80's were, indeed, a strange decade, though I am a bit curious as to what "non-bass-inflicted" music you were listening to at that time.
    Nelskie – Whew, that’s along time ago. If my mind is serving me right, I believe it was good old Rock & Roll oldies. Since I lived in the Northwest part of Florida at that time there was also Country Rock (ZZ Top. Lanyard Skinard etc). Right now I am “oldied” out. I prefer to listen to the new Smooth Jazz.

But my favorite band from the 60s is “The Moodie Blues. I got all their CDS, some tapes and albums. It is the only band the wife and I have ever seen in concert (twice). They are coming to Jacksonville Florida in February and we plan to see them. One band member (Ray Thomas) retired last year due to health related problems. I am sure the others are not far behind. They all are pushing 60-something in years. Justin Hayward plays a pretty good guitar as far as I am concerned. Once I get more involved and learn to play a better guitar, I hope to jam along with their CDs.

I think some of the older bands are completing to see who can stay on stage the longest. I expect the “Stones” to be all pushed on stage in wheel chairs at 90 years old. People will be using their own walkers to go see them. LOL

My other all time band is the Ventures. I loved them then and I love them now. I am trying to learn to play along with them also, but I am too slow to hear and keep up with the chord changes. I think a lot of their songs are in the keys of “E” or “C”.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Moody Blues . . . right on! Their "Days of Future Passed" has always been one of my favorite CD's to listen to in Dolby 5.1 surround sound. Some amazing stuff, indeed. And the Ventures, geez, where do I begin. I've always loved Dokie Edwards' (lead guitarist for the Ventures) reverb-drenched guitar tones, and count "Pipeline" and "Walk Don't Run" among my fave songs to play.

Hey, if you dig that jazzy guitar sound, but still have a foot in the classic rock door, might I suggest that you check out the Derek Trucks Band. Derek is a younger player, who also tours with the Allman Brothers. While not all of his songs on his CD's are "jazz-based", his guitar style, overall, is very much influenced by jazz progressions and modes. Throw in a helpin' of good ol' southern rock, and a little blues into that, too, and you got yourself some very tasty gumbo, my friend. Check out the track "Kickin' Back" off his second CD, "Out of the Madness" - very jazzy, yet bluesy as well. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

And keep that practice goin', too - pretty soon you'll be on a "surfin' safari" of your own!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie
    If you are into Derek Trucks you might enjoy this.

I worked with him on his 18th birthday. I was the house engineer and he came in and set up two fender amps...facing each other. He said "just put a mic in the middle. It's gonna be loud." And it was, but oh so tasty. That was around 10 years ago and who knew that young man whose *** I so totally kicked in foosball would go on to be who he is today. Just goes to show that you shouldn't judge someone by their gaming ability.

Of course I didn't judge him at all except to say to myself "what a nice young man." He was very modest and easy going. Very easy to warm up to and feel comfortable around. He let me play his Washburn guitars. Of course they were set up for slide but they still sounded good. He was even a gracious looser. We had fun that night. It was a slow night so it turned into a "just musicians hanging out" night. No booze. Foosball and music were the intoxicants that night.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - I'm a fooze player from way back - when Deutschmeisters had banked corners, and men didn't spin or count slop. My money shot is a very deceptive three-man push shot from the side. This sets up my fast pull-across. Got a fooze in my basement, right next to my Stern Meteor pinball table - circa 1978. Foosball - THE sport of kings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12