Thread: You Rock MIDI Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Rock MIDI Guitar

This is kinda crazy. Dan Mumm (the guy that wrote the sweep picking stuff I'm going through) demos the You Rock MIDI Guitar. The really crazy thing is that it only costs about $220. Make sure to wait until the end when he does a tune with drums, bass, rhythm, and lead guitar just on the You Rock. And, yes, it can be used as a controller for the Rock Band pro mode with an extra add-on.

And another of him playing one of his own compositions on it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool, Reverend. That would be great to take on the road and looks like alot of fun. $199 at Amazon and Musician's Friend. Maybe I'll pick one up!

Post Thanks / Like

It sure is different... I've seen other MIDI based guitars that didn't look like you were playing an instrument - just punching buttons.

I'd love to try one out. Something like this won't ever replace conventional guitar playing on conventional instruments, but it would be cool to have, and certainly a whole lot cheaper than guitar synths. It also looks cooler than a keytar!

BTW, that second vid was pretty darn killer!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurtdaniel View Post
    One question... can you palm mute on this thing?
    I'd guess not as the 'strings' appear to be glued on, so unless they have a pressure sensor under
    them I don't see how you could palm mute a string. Of course, I'm just guessing.