Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Not sure what to do - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure what to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    There is nothing more fun than playing the guitar. So, when you are not having fun, it's time to set the guitar down and do something else. You'll come back to her when the time is right.
    Um, I dunno...I can think of a couple of things I like better...playing can be fun too, sure...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    Um, I dunno...I can think of a couple of things I like better...playing can be fun too, sure...
    Ah, I was thinking along the same lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Ah, I was thinking along the same lines!
    Sure.. I'm talking about hobbies...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How do you define "hobby"?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    How do you define "hobby"?
    Rough house. Perhaps this is better: Guitar playing should be fun, when it's not, do something else for a while and try again.
    Are the language police happy now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL!! I was fine with it . . . just poking fun.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    LOL!! I was fine with it . . . just poking fun.
    Of course! I took no offense, and I'm not going to say a thing about poking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lol!!!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon View Post
    Of course! I took no offense, and I'm not going to say a thing about poking!
    That's what she said.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Stash the git and play bass for awhile.

Nutin' wrong with a little bassin' every now and again. It seems to me that playing bass is almost always a fun activity.

I actually got burned out playing rock music, then discovered funk and soul and am having the time of my life playing these days. I'll say listen to and maybe take a stab at different styles of music than you'd normally play.

Post Thanks / Like

And now the follow-up thread.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    And now the follow-up thread.
    I think it's obvious. You're bipolar!

Seriously, I think all players go through this from time to time. I know I do.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    I think it's obvious. You're bipolar!
    No, I'm not! Yes, I am! Wait . . . maybe?!?

Yeah, I've been through this before too, but two months was a freaking long time. The more I think about it, the more I'm buying into the "writing as catharsis" theory.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You're getting older. Things take longer as you get older. Well, ok, maybe not only age. But as my kids get older and busier, and other life commitments continue to demand time, it is hard to overcome these things in just a couple days.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Saw your follow up thread - but thought I'd comment here. I was in a rut. Playing the same chord shapes, same tired pentatonic licks - so I've been taking lessons this past month. My teacher is great - he's really working with me to see the fret board in a new way - basically the CAGED system - but he doesn't use all the shapes. I'm learning new songs and learning to play them while avoiding boring 6 string bar chords. This has energized my interest because my brain is engaged - I am having to think about my playing - about what I should and shouldn't be doing.
    Amps:Crate V50, Line6 Flextone, Vox VT15.
    Guitars: Dean EVO Special, Fender Strat, Blueridge Acoustic, Dean Bass.
    Effects: Line6 DM4 Distortion Modeller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12