Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Video from Krashpad? In his church band? Surely not!

Thread: Video from Krashpad? In his church band? Surely not!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

That was great!!! Wonderful playing and tone Brian. Looking forward to more. We play those songs at my Church too.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rkwrenn View Post
    That was great!!! Wonderful playing and tone Brian. Looking forward to more. We play those songs at my Church too.

Cheers
    Thanks Robert! That was my little Super Champ XD on the Vox setting on the OD channel, lined out to the PA. I pretty much live on that setting for overdrive/distortion, both in church and in the rock bands (typically I use the SC XD as a close monitor and line it out to a bigger tube rig in the backline) that I've used the SC XD for. I went through several other small amps, both tube and solid state, before finding the SC XD like new in a pawn round the corner from my office. Picked it up for $175 iirc, and spent another $15 or so for a footswitch. In general I'm a tube amp guy (the SC XD is tubes, but combined with modeling) but I've been SUPER happy with that SC XD.

A couple months ago the same band did an outdoor gig and I used the SC XD, lined out to my vintage '60's Sunn 200S 60W tube head into a 2x12 mic'd in the backline, and it sounded bosstastic (SC XD to our left in foreground, Sunn rig behind me about 15' away, mic'd):

The red DeArmond Jet Star in the background above is the guitar I played for our set Sunday night.