Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
is this an epiphone les paul? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is this an epiphone les paul?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cam.d.carter View Post
    my neighbor plays and hes likke 40 and really good and hes helping me
    Sounds like an awesome situation for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

I had an Epi Special II. It served me fine till I picked up my latest axe. It wasn't built really great and the switch sucked but it is fine for what it cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cam.d.carter View Post
    I want a shector next.. do you think I could get a somewhat good shector ( or shecter however its spelled) for around $500?
    Especially if you get a used Schecter, you could certainly get an upgrade from the Epi for well under $500.

I got this Schecter Tempest Special used for $250, w/original hardshell case:

Although the shape is somewhat non-traditional (Schecter's "Tempest" model shape), the P-90 type "soapbar" pickups would be great for blues or blues-rock. You could also get an Epi Les Paul Special (different than the "Special II" you have) with the same type pickups:

Both the above models are discontinued but you could probably find them used. You mentioned getting a Telecaster, and yes, they're great for blues/blues-rock. A "MIM" (made in mexico) Fender Standard Telecaster would be a good upgrade:

A traditional Tele with 2 single coils in the Squier Classic Vibe Series is another option, here's the "'50's" model:

You could also look around for a Telecaster with a humbucker in the neck, rather than the traditional single coil. Squier makes a Tele with a "neckbucker" in its vintage modified series like this:

and I have a '90's MIM Fender Telecaster with a neck humbucker that's great.

You could even go a little further outside the Tele "box" and get the P-90 "Tele Custom II" by Squier:

Almost any Tele should be good for the more trad type music you mentioned. If you want to be able to do Metallica too, though, get something with at least one humbucker.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I played a super nice brand new Schecter C1 Plus in tobacco burst flamed maple with dual real Seymour Duncan nickel covered humbuckers the other day. It was a super strat body shape, all mahogany. It has three on a side tuning keys. It sounded very good and was ready to last a lifetime if taken care of - more than a lifetime. It was about 500.

I got a used PRS SE Singlecut Tremolo guitar for 250 in mint condition about two months ago. This is a great guitar.

If you keep your eyes open and visit music stores that have used guitars you will find some very nice used guitars, and you'll find a good one for yourself.

In the meantime take advantage of the stuff you have and make the most out of it. Then you will appreciate a real good guitar when you find one.

It's not all about the guitars brand name. You will know a good one when you feel it and play it and listen to it. It might be a Squier even. Definitely check out that http://www.rondomusic.com site. I have one of the Agile AL3100 LP Custom copy type guitars and it is really awesome. It was on sale for 299, first quality stock and they are usually 399. This guitar is great in its stock form with no need to modify it. The quality is an incredible value.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12