Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Rush Time Machine tour

Thread: Rush Time Machine tour

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rush Time Machine tour

Saw Rush here the other night, and I have to say it - arguably the finest concert I've seen in the last 20+ years. If you get the chance, sell whatever you have to (the house, the kids, whatever) to pony up for a ticket.

Ask anyone under 40, they'll say "Who?"
    Ask anyone over 40, they'll say "Yeah, that Geddy with the whiney voice....meh."
    Ask any musician, they'll say "Know where I can score tickets?"

The FOH console & setup was amazing. Huge line arrays (I mean huge). Phenominal light show. Movies. Oh yeah, and 3+ hours of a band with an enormous catalog, 3 top-notch musicians, wicked sharp sense of humor throughout, flawless performance. Just a superb experience. And yes, they still have massive chops. And Mr. Lee can still hit the high notes
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

I saw them last night in New Orleans. It's about my 13 time (lost count) seeing them and they are sooooo tight it hurts. To still have that much fun playing after 35 years is truly amazing.
    Lots of folks close to my age (53) and lots of ladies....the most women I've ever seen at a Rush show.
    Geddy seemed to have some problems but only a few times and he gave it his all.
    They played songs I've never heard them play live before and the whole Moving Pictures album. Alex does not get enough love in guitar land. But, after the intermission, he did mess up but most never noticed it but he and Geddy had a good laugh about it.
    I hope this isn't the last time I get to see them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You lucky bast'tidz!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to see them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Neil Peart was on Letterman for Drum Solo Week Thursday June 9 ..

Post Thanks / Like

They played Greenville Wednesday night, shipped all their gear to NO for the Friday night show, but sent Neils full kit to NYCity for the Letterman show Thursday night. Busy boys.
    "Always go heavy on the effects and try to blind the audience with expensive gear." - hubberjub

I mean, no offense, but I don't really see why, like guitar players from Creed, or something like that, are on the cover of guitar magazines. Almost anybody can sit down and learn to play those songs.
    Dweezil Zappa

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Rush a few times and each time they completely blow my mind. A bunch of really nice guys who seem to just really enjoy making music. The Rush documentary that came out recently was also really excellent.
    Amps:Crate V50, Line6 Flextone, Vox VT15.
    Guitars: Dean EVO Special, Fender Strat, Blueridge Acoustic, Dean Bass.
    Effects: Line6 DM4 Distortion Modeller.

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard on a Rush forum that the Letterman show taped all 5 drummers in one day earlier in the week. Still, to get Neil there with his drums while on a tour in the south was pretty good.
    I'm still feeling good vibes about this show and I've seen them more than any other band and can't figure out why I'm still pumped about it. Even started dusting up on Rush songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    You lucky bast'tidz!
    Ditto.