Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Vibe 50s Tele-Butterscotch Blonde

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I played the butterscotch CV tele today thru a Fender Mustang IV with twin Celestion Seventy/80 speakers on the metal 2000 and Deluxe amp settings.

This guitar felt great and sounded great. I liked all the switch positions and the neck pickups was very nice. The bridge pickup was probably just as nice but brighter of course. I rocked that rig out and was really pleased with it.

The guitar is beautiful without a doubt and feels super great.

The Mustang IV twin was very impressive as well. I really like that amp and it impresses me way more than the Christmas tree Vyper vibe and seems even superior to the Vox valvetronix amps. I wouldn't even mind getting the Mustang V amp head. This amp has a lot of great tones and is easy to use and doesn't sound too digital according to quite a few people. Evidently Fender did something right here again.

Congrats on the great butterscotch telecaster.
    Duffy Bolduc
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' the Note.

Major changes to guitars and amps, to be updated soon.

Fiance - Supportive of musical art

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    So which neck do you like the shape and feel of the best?
    I haven't played it enough to really say. There are a lot of factors. On the BB I went up to 10s from 9s on the custom, and I haven't tweaked the string height yet. It is still a little high for me. I do like the feel of a Maple Board. They are about the same shape, with medium Jumbos, so not a lot of difference.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I still have the 9's on my CVC. I have not switched to 10s, and was thinking about trying that in between set just because. It has been nice to have the ease of play allowed by the 9s on this tele. I would be interested in what you think as you play the two more, to see what differences you notice due to the difference in strings, and otherwise. Thanks for your continued "product research"!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I still have the 9's on my CVC. I have not switched to 10s, and was thinking about trying that in between set just because. It has been nice to have the ease of play allowed by the 9s on this tele. I would be interested in what you think as you play the two more, to see what differences you notice due to the difference in strings, and otherwise. Thanks for your continued "product research"!
    I have been moving up progessively from 9 to 9.5s to 10s on a a lot of my guitars. I am finiding the 10 ands above seem to ring better. They don['t bend as easy as the 9s but I think my technique is just getting better.
    I will lower the strings a mm and then see how they feel.
    I have two Deluxe Strats in Blue and White and I have 9s on one and 10s ont he other and I really like the tone from the 10s.
    I will let you know what my finidings are with the Tele.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN View Post
    I have been moving up progessively from 9 to 9.5s to 10s on a a lot of my guitars. I am finiding the 10 ands above seem to ring better. They don['t bend as easy as the 9s but I think my technique is just getting better.
    I will lower the strings a mm and then see how they feel.
    I have two Deluxe Strats in Blue and White and I have 9s on one and 10s ont he other and I really like the tone from the 10s.
    I will let you know what my finidings are with the Tele.
    I finally found the allen key to adjust the bridge saddles on the Tele. I took them down each one turn. I now have 3mm to the top of the string on the Bass side and 1+mm on the treble side.
    Both of my guitars are the same. I really like a low action. The 10s seem to hold their twang more at this level than the 9s.
    Of course I don't know if a lot of tele guys like them this low.
    I just can't get over how sweet this guitar looks and feels. I had an extra molded plastic Fender case with the black interior and it looks really sweet in there.
    I would say if you are looking for a classic tele look and feel I would recommend this guitar. It would save you about 1400 dollars.
    The Blues is alright!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12