Thread: Three cheers for my digitally-challenged brethren!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Three cheers for my digitally-challenged brethren!

I don't mean digital vs. analogue, I mean digits as in fingers. Evidently I'm not the only guitarist to be a bit lacking in that department. Too bad they didn't include me in the list. Can't imagine why . . .

http://proguitarshop.com/andyscorner...igit-who-rock/
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. I didn't know Phil Keaggy had any finger issues. Learn something new every day.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to admire the determination of those who have to work through something like losing a finger to work out how they can still play.

I came close to cutting off my left index finger when I was 20. I was careless with a table saw and it sliced into the back of the finger. The outcome was a scar, a split nail and I can't quite straighten the end joint. Luckily this doesn't seem to have had too much effect on my guitar playing (for better or worse).
    Guitars: Gordon Smith GS2 electric, Dean Performer E acoustic
    Amps: Roland Cube 80x, Peavey Backstage 110
    Other: Korg Pandora 2, Zoom H4

Post Thanks / Like

I had never paid much attention to Black Sabbath - but once you look at Iommi's playing in detail - he is the utter master of minimalistic riffage. The dude is amazing. Simple stuff that sounds briliiant.
    Amps:Crate V50, Line6 Flextone, Vox VT15.
    Guitars: Dean EVO Special, Fender Strat, Blueridge Acoustic, Dean Bass.
    Effects: Line6 DM4 Distortion Modeller.