Thread: Any love for Chicken Foot? I kind of discovered them accidentally recently,

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any love for Chicken Foot? I kind of discovered them accidentally recently,

and the more I hear of their music the more I like the band. Michael Anthony seems to love playing a bigger part in the music, Satriani seems to love being in the band and they all seem to be having a great time making music.

mark

Post Thanks / Like

I've got their first album. It's pretty good, but don't really listen to it on a regular basis. I like Get It Up and a couple of other tracks. I'm hoping their sophomore album will hold my interest better. I like/admire all the guys in the band, so maybe my expectations were a bit high.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I also like their first album and look forward to the next one. Seems like it is taking a long time for the next one to arrive, but I guess that is to be expected when they all have fairly active careers on their own. Their music I think really has the feel of a combination of their solo work. Kind of reminds me of a late 80 early 90s type sound
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I've got it on my player and songs often rotate in. I love it when they come on because it's kind of a pick-me-up from whatever I was listening to. You can hear the fun they have playing in the music and it definitely carries over to me. I like occasional doses much more than just listening to the whole album straight through though. I like what they are doing and am hoping the next record is a winner as well.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.