Thread: Unable to delete a post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unable to delete a post

Hello Robert & Mods.

I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to delete a post. I accidentally double-posted a few minutes ago and tried to delete the second but was unable to figure out how to do so with the current forum interface.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Eric, I see it now.

EDIT: Interestingly, it does not appear to work for all my posts. I tried it on the post in this thread after reading your response and I had the option to delete that one (which I obviously didn't). However, when I went to the other thread (about why GC employees suck) and tried on that post I was presented with the other edit options but not delete. Curioser and curioser.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I ran into that this morning on another forum that is using the same format and went through similar updates. Hmm.

EDIT: I see the delete option in editing this post. Maybe I just missed it before because it used to be below and not above.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I ran into that this morning on another forum that is using the same format and went through similar updates. Hmm.

EDIT: I see the delete option in editing this post. Maybe I just missed it before because it used to be below and not above.
    Interestingly, for me it's still below and not above (perhaps because I'm using Firefox?) but it's not there at all for some of my posts, there for others.

EDIT: For example, I can delete my first post in this thread but not the other two. That's just peculiar.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, not sure about this. Perhaps it's a setting checking if other replies have been added, and won't let you delete if that's the case. Just so the thread doesn't get confusing to readers. Just a guess - I will see what I can find out.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Hmm, not sure about this. Perhaps it's a setting checking if other replies have been added, and won't let you delete if that's the case. Just so the thread doesn't get confusing to readers. Just a guess - I will see what I can find out.
    An interesting theory, but my experience suggests otherwise. The first post I tried to delete was only a minute old and had yet to be replied to. Thanks for looking into it. I don't even care if I can delete it or not, it's really more of a curiosity thing to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just managed to delete my post in here, which had been replied to. One note on that though: I had to click 'Delete' down below the text entry field, which then brought up a delete menu. The check box I mentioned initially was no longer there.

R_of_G, you could try that out and see if that works. Seems like a long-shot, but just in case you didn't see it earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Well, I just managed to delete my post in here, which had been replied to. One note on that though: I had to click 'Delete' down below the text entry field, which then brought up a delete menu. The check box I mentioned initially was no longer there.

R_of_G, you could try that out and see if that works. Seems like a long-shot, but just in case you didn't see it earlier...
    That's a negatory good buddy.
    Same as previously, for some posts the option of "Delete" is in the edit options (below the text entry space) and for some, not.
    If nothing else, at least I've uncovered an interesting mystery.