Thread: Canucks fans/mayor whacked????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canucks fans/mayor whacked????

http://www.sportspickle.com/news/682...ladelphia-fans

OMG...I nearly peed myself reading this. lol Evidently the "sportspickle" is in the same vein of the Onion New Network........a satirical look at events in the world but done in a "responsible" journalistic way.

When I first read this....I didn't realize it was a Onion Network type thing as I was all WTF? lol

Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Being Philly born and raised, I found this very funny.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    Being Philly born and raised, I found this very funny.
    No kiddin'......where in Philly? Born and raised in Lawncrest (St. William's parish)...married and moved to Oxford Circle (St. Martin of Tours parish)....moved in 1984 to Pennypack (Maternity BVM parish). Graduated NE Public HS ('74) and Temple U (Jan '79).

Yeah, that was funny and I just re-read it and cracked up all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    No kiddin'......where in Philly? Born and raised in Lawncrest (St. William's parish)...married and moved to Oxford Circle (St. Martin of Tours parish)....moved in 1984 to Pennypack (Maternity BVM parish). Graduated NE Public HS ('74) and Temple U (Jan '79).

Yeah, that was funny and I just re-read it and cracked up all over again.
    Grew up in Feltonville (F Street & Roosevelt Blvd), high school years in the far northeast (Verree Rd), graduated Northeast High in '71. Lived in Oxford Circle (Unruh & Summerdale) 82-86.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually there's no way those were Philly fans. Vancouver is still standing On top of that, Bobby Clarke did not claim responsibility. Plus I didn't hear anybody arguing about the best cheesesteak.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    Grew up in Feltonville (F Street & Roosevelt Blvd), high school years in the far northeast (Verree Rd), graduated Northeast High in '71. Lived in Oxford Circle (Unruh & Summerdale) 82-86.
    lolol Feltonville is a shooting gallery...a depressed area for sure. St. William's now has some masses in Spanish and St. Martin's has some masses in Portuguese as they have a sizable Brazilian community. Verree Rd is still pretty nice. My how times have changed in 25+ years.

Hey Marnold......there's a time and place to argue about cheesesteaks....and when you're tipping buses and cabs isn't that time. Billy Penn is still standing on City Hall, so we Philly-ites don't go for total destruction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post

When I first read this....I didn't realize it was a Onion Network type thing as I was all WTF? lol

Enjoy!!
    You should have know this was fake right away. What true Flyers fan would root for another team. If it was Philly fans they would have bused the Canucks here and roughed them up for not being Flyers fans! BTW didnt grow up in Philly but did go to high school in Wayne. And spent plenty of time down in the area of Red lion and Bustleton Ave
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz