Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jazz Box Suggestions

Thread: Jazz Box Suggestions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jazz Box Suggestions

So I have been learning some Wes Montgomery stuff the last few weeks with my teacher and find I really love trying to play that stuff. It also has got me itching for a hollow body jazz box. At one time I would have considered a ES175 but economics have now put that price range out of reach so I have been looking at the Epiphone Emperor model line. I also like the Swingster version of this guitar. So my first question is, does anyone have experience with either of these models and if so, will they meet the needs for what I want. I also wanted to know if anyone can suggest any other makes/models that are in this price range (300-500) that would also fit the bill.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Godin makes the 5th Avenue, which typically garners positive comments from people. They're coming out with a single floating neck pickup too.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thaveseriesp.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

The Ibanez Artcore series of guitars are quite good for the money, especially if you put some flatwound strings on them, they sound very convincing.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post
    The Ibanez Artcore series of guitars are quite good for the money, especially if you put some flatwound strings on them, they sound very convincing.
    --Jim
    Sweet guitars for only $400.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input! I looked at the Ibanez guitars before but have never played one. I also am a little confused by the all the models in the Artcore line. I think the AG series maybe what I want but not sure. I also looked at the Godin line and like their stuff also. It is a little out of my price range though. I really like the model with the 2 P90s. Are either of these lines carried by Guitar Center? I really would like to get a feel for the neck and body size.
    Guitars: '06 Les Paul Classic Goldtop, '07 SG classic, '79 ES335TD Blond, '88 Telecaster, '08 Custom Shop Strat 57 NOS, Framus '69 Goucho Acoustic, '72 Framus Caravelle hollow body, '09 Hagstrom Swede, '10 Ibanez AG95 and '69 Heit

Amps: Fender Blues Deluxe Tweed, Marshall JCM 900 50W full stack, Roland Cube 20XL and '69 Checkmate!

Pedals: (all DVM) Tremolo, "Rabid Rodent" distortion, "Zonkin Yellow Screamer" OD/Boost, "Gee Ain't That Swell" volume swell, and "Mega Muff" fuzz