Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

This is my weekend - 100 Mile Relay Race!

Thread: This is my weekend - 100 Mile Relay Race!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This is my weekend - 100 Mile Relay Race!

K-100 Relay

I am running leg 5... which is some work.

Description of Leg 5:

LEG FIVE
    START: 0.5 km south of Mist Creek at the Pickle Jar Recreation Area

DISTANCE: 17.6 km

DIFFICULTY RATING: 10

FASTEST RECORDED TIME IN 2006: 1:04.07

PACE: 5:52 per mile

DESCRIPTION: This is the toughest leg of the relay. It's hilly with a number of segments at a 7% grade. The runner will gain 450m over the length of this route; 250m are packed into 6.8 km. The runner will be truly tested on Canada's highest engineered road. The road peaks at Highwood pass, 2206m above sea level. The surface is new asphalt. Watch for wildlife (my note - that means there are Grizzlies and Black Bears all over the place!).

Video from 2011

Last edited by Robert; June 30th, 2011 at 06:58 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I advise that you avoid this.
    There must be a better way to spend the weekend. Like at a beer garden or something...

But if you must go, have fun and be safe.
    And good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yikes!

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck with that, Bobby old boy. Even though I'm trying to start running, I can't fathom doing anything like that.

I _am_ however pondering running in a 5K next year that ends at the 50 yard line in Lambeau. Naturally I'd have to wear my Lions hat.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Tear it up Maestro. Looks like you've got a bit of a "steepie" at the end there. Just know that we're all with you when it really starts burning. Good luck.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you're too thin, boney, and tough to be on Yogi's menu ~~~~

Have a ball and kick some butt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! Is this the run where you got all those great mountain photos in years past? Have a blast! (or I guess you probably already did).
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

pheck yeah! I've been bustin' my azz this summer trying to get past this mediocre plateau I have going now. I'm hoping in the next month to be competitive in a 5k rather than "am able to finish before dark". I love running, but I'm a bit lazy when it comes to increasing speed ;-).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back!

It was tough as usual. Got some snow on me even, as I got closer to the end of the leg, at 7 238 feet above sea level...
    Our team got 5th in our category.

Photos here -

http://picasaweb.google.com/CamroseRunClub/K1002011#

Our team name - Camrose Pirates!

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to see you're alive and posting. Congrats!

Next year, Marnold will be doing this whole thing by himself, so you'd better watch your back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Our team name - Camrose Pirates!

Pirates? Look at you floating just inches above the road (is that cheating?). More like witchcraft or magic, not pirate activity!

That sounds like a mean event, Robert. Prop's for doing so well.

Post Thanks / Like

We are Pirates - we take the booty and run!

The scenery is breathtaking up in Kananaskis. For example:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No kidding about the scenery!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good/safe run. It has been decades since I've been up that way. Looks even more beautiful than I remembered it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cool video. Beautiful area and some steadfast running too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.